3/11/2017

CAS(E) this Sketch #212 - Congratulatons

One of my nieces in Tokyo passed her entrance exam this month and she is going to a high school in April. (The academic year starts in April in Japan.)
Cherry blossoms are beautiful in early April so I thought this card would be perfect for this occasion. Congratulations, my little Mai-chan!



My card design was based on this week's CAS(E) this Sketch #212




I die-cut a bunch of cherry blossoms, colored them with Prismacolor pencils, and finished with Wink of Stella.



Stamp: Essential Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper:
Neenah Solar White (110 lb), Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!), Translucent Vellum (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Sweet Sugarplum (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Cherry Blossoms Dies (Spellbinders), Prismacolor Pencils, Wink of Stella (Kuretake)


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. I love how the branch separates the two spaces on your card and the flowers are just perfect. Congratulations to your niece and thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Jen! My niece will be really surprised when I tell her she was offered congratulations by someone in the States. :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, as always, Leigh!

      Delete
  3. Simple and gorgeous! I love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mai-Chan will be very happy to receive such a beautiful card lovingly made by her Aunt. My mother-in-law (in Nara) will celebrate a birthday in May so I will try to make her a card using your card as inspiration. Arigato!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dou itashimashite, Okada-san! And thank *YOU* for your sweet words! I'm sure your mother-in-law will really appreciate your handmade birthday card. I've been to Nara several times, and it has a lot of beautiful, traditional Japanese essence.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!