9/12/2017

CAS(E) this Sketch #238 - i'm here for you

A friend of mine has been having a tough time, so I made this card to encourage her.



I got the design inspiration from Leigh's pretty sketch for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!






I made a DIY stencil using the color drop dies and a piece of acetate sheet. Then I applied glimmer paste over the stencil. I really liked the shimmery and subtle effect. The cloud's shapes and colors are peeking through the drops.
The clouds were stenciled with Distress Oxide Ink. I also used Distress Oxide Inks for coloring the die-cut heart and stamping the sentiment to match the ink tones.



I die-cut the front panel with a Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX die to soften the look of the straight edges, and raised the panel with foam tape.

I'm entering my card in My Favorite Things' Card Design Superstar Contest too.


Thanks for visiting!

Stamp: Essential Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper:
Smooth White (My Favorite Things)
Ink:
Distress Oxide Ink (Broken China, Abandoned Coral, Walnut Stain - Ranger)
Accessories: Die-namics Color Drops STAX, Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX, Mini Mail (My Favorite Things), Mini Cloud Edges Stencil (My Favorite Things), Nuvo Glimmer Paste (Moon Stone - Tonic Studio), Acetate Sheet (Hot Off the Press)

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful take on the sketch, Hideko! Love the glittery drops. Good luck with the Superstar contest, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful! Your inking/stencilling is fantastic! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stenciled clouds and glittery drops. Such a beautiful card that your friend will so appreciate! TFS Hideko. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! The clouds are wonderful and the shimmery tear drops too! I'm sure your friend will really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will definitely lift her spirits... It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card of encouragement...sure she will love and appreciate it!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!