10/21/2017

CAS Watercolour Card Challenge - always kind & always giving

When I saw my card I made last week in the CAS Watercolour October Challenge Gallery, my fall leaves looked a bit greener than I thought. So I wanted to make another card using warmer colors.





I might have gone overboard this time and lost some CAS-ness, but it was a good opportunity to use the watercolour wash technique I learned at the CAS Mix Up Challenge last month. (I heat-embossed the leave images in clear, and painted the graded wash.)



The color contrast between the dark brown frame and the white square panel was quite stark for the watercolor background, so I layered a piece of vellum over the white panel to soften the contrast.




The sentiment was heat-embossed on the vellum.

CAS Watercolour Challenge's celebrating their 1st Birthday this month! 
Happy birthday again to Bonnie, Loll, Design Team, and the guest designers for the year!


Thanks for looking!


Stamp: Vintage Leaves, Me = Grateful (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Canson Watercolor Paper (140 lb), Early Espresso
, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Translucent Vellum (My Favorite Things)
Ink:
Gansai Tambi Watercolor Paints (Kuretake - Red Ocher, Vermilion, Golden Yellow, Grass Green, Azurite), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories:Embossing Powder (Wow! - Gold Rich Pale), Stitched Rectangles Dies (Simon Says Stamp), Die-namics Stitched Square STAX (My Favorite Things), Square Collection Framelits Dies (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

  1. I struggle with keeping it CAS and using mixed media but I am always mindful of it, as you are x The watercolour wash is fabulous, great technique and such pretty colours. The white embossing looks fabulous x Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind and encouraging comments, I really appreciated it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous white heat embossed leaves with your pretty watercolor wash Fall paints. Love your gold heat embossed sentiment layer too. TFS your Fall beauty, Hideko. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops..Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour my friend. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Hideko, this is fabulous - LOve the colors, your expert blending, and OH THAT sentiment! Its font is so beautiful, too! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this beautiful watercolour wash, Hideko! And that sentiment is wonderful! Love it gold embossed on the vellum! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hideko your watercolour wash is gorgeous, and love your embossed leaves. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with the watercolour wash background and emboss resist, Hideko. Lovely colours for fall. The vellum on top to soften the white card stock is so clever. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's absolutely lovely! Beautiful soft colours and wonderful embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercolour wash for the background - great autumn colours! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!