10/08/2017

CAS Watercolour Card Challenge - hello

CAS Watercolour Card Challenge is celebrating their 1st birthday. 
Happy happy 1st birthday to the wonderful hosts, Bonnie and Loll, the inspiring Design Team, and the guest designers for the year!



I always appreciate their dedication to the challenge - organizing a fun and stimulating challenge every month, sharing with us their inspiring cards twice a month or more, and writing sweet and encouraging comments on entries, etc.
It takes me almost a whole weekend just to make a card or two, take pictures of them, and write posts (even though I enjoy doing it). So I can't imagine how much time and energy they spend on running the challenge. 
Thank you so much for your wonderful work, Loll, Bonnie, Nancy, Susan, Karen, and Christine! 


Here's a card I made for the CAS Watercolour October Challenge today.



The challenge theme is fall leaves.



When I looked at Susan's beautiful card on the challenge site, I thought I wanted to try the technique she used -  dabbing inks onto the stamps, then spritzing with water before stamping onto watercolour paper. Thank you, Susan, for the inspiration!
I really liked how the impressions turned out. Dabbing inks and spritzing water before stamping added more interest and depth to the impressions.
 


I used the Pop-Up Die Cutting technique (I don't know what it's officially called.) for the sentiment. I die cut the sentiment from the stamped watercolor paper, and also die cut 4 sentiments from dark brown cardstock. I layered the 4 brown sentiments under the watercolor one, and popped it back onto the open sentiment space.



Thanks for dropping by!


Stamp: French Foliage (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Canson Watercolor Paper (140 lb), Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:
Distress Ink (Ranger - Fossilized Amber, Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Blueprint Sketch)
Accessories: Die-namics A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things), Hello Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Perfect Pearls (Ranger - Copper, Bronze)

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous creative design! Love the leaf stamping behind and over the die cut hello! Just beautiful Hideko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really wonderful CAS card, Hideko!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this artsy design, Hideko. Your leaves are amazing with the watercolour spritz technique. And I love your hidden word sentiment. Great design!! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour ... and a special thank you for your encouraging words about our challenge and team! Much appreciated!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Hideko. Love your design and how you used the sentiment die. Your leaves are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Hideko, this is amazing! The leaves are so realistic looking and I love how you've popped up the die cut sentiment! Very creative and fun! Thanks so much for all your praise and for sharing with us each month at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing and so artsy watercolour spritzing technique, Hideko for your gorgeous Fall leaves and your fun hidden word die cut sentiment. Your monthly cards for our challenges and sweet comment regarding our challenges are soooo appreciated:-) TFS and joining our CAS Watercolour
    Challenge again, my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hideko, wow that is such a stunning creation. your inlaid die cut looks amazing with brown layers. I always love seeing your creations :) Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree with you about the amazing and talented design team and how much time and effort is involved x What a stunning card, great technique and such a fabulous effect. Eye catching card, made to perfection....I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Hideko for being chosen the Top Pick by our DT:-) We all LOVED your CAS beautiful Fall design. I am so pleased you were the winner of the generous gift certificate too. TFS and always playing in our challenges my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on this well-deserved win, Hideko!! How ever did this magnificent card sneak by me?
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!