12/16/2017

CAS Watercolour December Challenge Reminder - waving hi

Today's card is a reminder for the CAS Watercolour December Challenge. You have until the 24th to play along.



I'm so appreciative to be able to end the year with this wonderful experience of being a Guest Designer and playing alongside all the talented designers!



And here's my card:



My card earlier this month was a bit more serious, so I switched gears to a cuter mode for this one.
I painted a water wash for the background. I mixed Turquoise Green and Azurite. I stamped the sentiment with white pigment ink, and spattered Perfect Pearls. 



I did partial die-cutting with the icebergs, cut off the rest with an x-acto knife to make a frame, and raised it with foam tape.

I hope you find time to check out the challenge blog to see the inspiring cards made by the Design Team and in the gallery! Looking forward to seeing you there!


Stamp: Polar Bear Pals (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Watercolor Paper (Strathmore - 140 lb), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)

Ink:
Gansai Tambi Watercoluor Paints (Kuretake - Azurite, Turquoise Green), Versafine (Tsukineko - Onyx Black), Pigment Ink (Hero Arts - Unicorn), Zig Clean Color
Real Brush (Kuretake - Light Pink, Scarlet Red, Orange)
Accessories: Die-namics Polar Bear Pals, Icebergs (My Favorite Things), Perfect Pearls (Ranger - Perfect Pearl), Foam Tape (3M)

12 comments:

  1. I am waving Hi to you too, Hideko:-) Such a fun and cheerful Christmas card. I love your beautiful watercolored background for your partial die cut icebergs. You polar bear is so sweet and friendly..love his warm scarf too. TFS my friend and it has been so much fun having you as our Guest Designer this month. Your love of stamping and learning new techniques is contagious! Happy Holidays and Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful, Hideko! I love these polar bears and the background is perfect! Love those icebergs too! Lots of dimension and interest! Thanks so much for joining our CAS Watercolour team this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've cut the die cut and that background is so eye catching. Congratulations again on guest designing. Fun and fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Hideko, love your wonderful card. this is one of my favorite stamp sets, awesome watercolour wash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW wow, Wow that frame is so cool... no pun intended!!! and you DO cute so well, Hideko! he is the cutest, and I LOve this wonderful sky!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet card, Hideko. The background with the snowflakes and the cute bear with his scarf are delightful. Congrats on your GD spot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, Hideko! LOVE the waving polar bear against the gorgeous deep blue sky. It's been wonderful having you as our Guest Designer this month Hideko!! Merry Christmas to you and your family! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet image Hideko and the gorgeous sky stands out beautifully against the white of the bear and icebergs. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness Hideko - HOW CUTE IS THIS! love the icebergs, the waving polar bear and beautiful blue sky! SO fun! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it's gorgeous and I love that deep shaded BG... Such a cute card too ... So glad you are GD over at CAS watercolour, you totally deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a delightful card...
    So happy you were out GD at the CAS Watercolour.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you went "cute"--especially with that handsome guy! I love how you elongated the icebergs and added them to a frame. It captures the arctic scene perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!