12/25/2017

Merry Christmas!

I made my last holiday card for this year, using a piece I stenciled to use in a different card. I originally made a few stenciled images to make this card for the CAS Mix UP October Challenge.



I used darker shades of blue and green distress inks, but then the images looked too dark and heavy-handed for the card I wanted to make. So I didn't use it at that time.
Now the card doesn't look too somber because the image is only a small part of the white space.


Thanks to the holiday frame die, the card turned out pretty crisp, and I liked the ink colors peeking through the sentiment apertures.
I'm glad I was able to make use of the piece I almost threw away. 😉

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog this year and giving me a lot of support and encouragement!



Stamp: "Stamptember" 2017 Tim Holtz Collection (Stampers Anonymous/Simon Says Stamp)

Paper: Watercolor Paper (Canson - 140 lb), Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Oxide Distress Ink (Ranger - Broken China), Distress Ink (Ranger - Chipped Sapphire, Pine Needles, Faded Jeans, Ground Espresso), Craft Ink (Whisper White - Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Woodland Stencil (Tim Holtz), Falling Snow Stencil (Simon Says Stamp), Holiday Frames (Simon Says Stamp), Die-namics Centerpieces Framed Lovebirds (My Favorite Things), Nuvo Glimmer Paste (Tonic Studio - Moonstone), Foam Tape (3M)

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous way to bring your Christmas 2017 collection to completion, Hideko! I love the statement this little 'postage stamp' work of art makes with its frame of white!
    Merry day-after Christmas, my friend! What shall we do to bring in the New Year? How about a FaceTime-craft time together?!
    =]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holiday frame die works beautifully with your stunning background. Gorgeous card and love the colours you've used with the pop of deep red. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and here's to a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Crafty 2018 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that crisp white in the base and in the Merry Christmas frame is glorious with the bold background, Hideko ... it's so striking and gorgeous ... the tiny pop of red in the cardinal is such a fantastic touch! Hope you had a blessed and joyful Christmas! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gorgeous stenciled Falling Snow background and beautiful stenciled trees, Hideko. Your colors are so rich and Wintery. All perfect with your die cut framed sentiment. Wonderfully creative CAS design my friend and love your die cut cardinal for an added pop of red:-) TFS. We are home now after a awesome camping trip along the OR coast. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's absolutely stunning!! I adore the colours and those trees are beautiful, especially with the little glow behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crisp trees and snowflakes behind that awesome white frame, this is one of my favorite dies.
    Happy New year, hugs Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful winter scene with the pop of the red cardinal - love that Merry Christmas frame die too! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pretty trees in the Merry Christmas frame! I especially love that red bird that adds just a pop of red!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!