8/26/2018

Cornflowers with Tissue Paper background

I made a card using a cornflower die with tissue paper background from my stash.

I learned the tissue paper technique at CAS Mix Up Challenge last year.
Loll made a great tutorial video, and I followed her instructions.

Here's my card:



I used Distress Inks to color my tissue paper and misted a mixture of Perfect Pearl and water over the tissue.
The cornflowers and the oval window were die cut.



I sponged a strip of white cardstock with the same distress inks I used for the tissue paper, and die-cut the birthday sentiment from it. I glued the sentiment on a piece of vellum and attached the vellum strip to the card front.

Thanks for checking in today!


Paper:
Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Translucent Vellum (My Favorite Things), Tissue Paper
Ink: Distress Ink (Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Black Soot - Ranger)

Accessories: Dies (Cornflowers - Alexandra Renke, Birthday - Simon Says Stamp, Die-namics Inside & Out Stitched Oval STAX - My Favorite Things), Perfect Pearl (Ranger), Thin 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesive)


15 comments:

  1. Beautiful result with the tissue paper. Loll has many fabulous videos and one I learn a lot from...hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Hideko! Saw this on IG and had to hop on over for the details. Love the colours, shimmer and texture of your tissue background. The beautiful AR flower die the perfect fit. Great design, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hideko, you have to stop showing me all these beautiful Alexandra Renke dies. This one looks stunning in front of your tissue paper background :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... gorgeous card Hideko! Love the colours of your tissue paper background. The shades of blue with the pearl finish are elegant and sophisticated with the white oval frame and gorgeous die-cut cornflowers. Love the vellum sentiment banner. Amazing design!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Hideko! The colours are beautiful and I love the textured tissue paper. Not seen this brand of die before, will have to check them out! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous...love how your card turned out Hideko...well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so spectacular, Hideko! I went back and watched the video again, even though I did this technique about a year ago! You've made me want to have another play!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love this technique and you have made a beautiful card using it Hideko. A wonderfully done beauty to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This beautiful tissue paper background shows off the lovely die cut beautifully! I especially love that you sponged the color on the vellum. I'd never thought of that. And that birthday die cut is just the perfect size! A beautiful birthday card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that cornflower die (I may have to buy it!) - it's perfect with the blue background since cornflowers are blue. The background is perfectly done with the tissue paper technique. And great idea to put the die cut sentiment on the strip of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the texture from the tissue paper--what a lovely background for your floral die!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how tactile this is Hideko and such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hideko, I love your sense of adventure-through-craftland! Another technique I've never tried, but not because I'm not intrigued by it! Mounting your pretty die cut sentiment on that perfect little strip of vellum allows your tender stems to shine through.
    So very lovely! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! The blue tissue paper background for your pretty cornflower die cut and the vellum strip! Such a wonderful and fresh look! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely tissue paper background, Hideko and I like how you used the strip of vellum with the sentiment, very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!