9/13/2018

CAS Watercolour September Challenge - love & thanks

I'm pretty late to the game, but I finally got a Lindy's Magical Shimmer set. My wonderful friend, Loll, recommended that I get the "Autumn Leaves" set first. She was right! I love all 5 colors in the set and I couldn't help using all of them in this card. 😁


I stamped the tree image on watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black. Then I sprinkled a tiny amount of 4 colors of the Magical powders (crimson, orange, olive and teal) over the stamped image and spritzed some water over it. I watercolored the trunk and the land with the 5th color (brown). The sentiment was heat-embossed with Gold embossing powder. I die-cut the front panel and adhered it to the dark brown card base.

Now I totally understand why people are so big on the Magicals' beautiful shimmer and I'm happy to see it in real life.



Loll is hosting this month's CAS Waterclour Challenge and she's challenging us to watercolor trees. I'm sharing my card in the gallery. You have until September 24th to play along.



Thanks for stopping by!


Stamp: Lovely As a Tree (Stampin' Up!), Geometric Greenery (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Watercolor Paper
(140 lb. Hot Press - Arches), Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Lindy's Magicals (Autumn Leave: Autumn Maple Crimson, Red Hot Poker Orange, Ponderosa Pines Olive, Tibetan Poppy Teal, Cattail Copper Brown), Versafine (Onyx Black - Tsukineko), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories:
Die-namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things), Embossing Powder (Gold - Hero Arts)

17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ... this is one gorgeous card, Hideko!! I LOVE that image and have it. Haven't used it for ages ... now I need to pull it out --- you've inspired me! The tree is amazing with the four colours of magicals on the leaves and then the 5th for the tree trunk and ground. This is just so artistic and beautiful. Aren't magicals wonderful??!! I bet it isn't long before you buy another set. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have painted your tree so beautifully, Hideko. What a lovely autumn card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have used this tree to perfection, my friend! I love how you've colored it with the Lindys and watercolored the trunk and ground! The black base finishes this classy card off perfectly! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunningly beautiful, Hideko. The stamp itself is lovely, but with those Magicals, it becomes even more so. That shimmer is incredible. Guess I'll have to do a little shopping...lol! Beautiful. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've piqued my interest with this gorgeous tree! I'm betting it is absolutely gorgeous irl! on my way...
    =] xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is gorgeous, Hideko! That autumn Magicals all look amazing together! It must look stunningly shimmery IRL! That was my mistake... I bought my Magicals individually when I should have bought the sets! 😉 Awesome card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen "Lovely as a Tree" looking so Magical, my friend. I know the shimmery shine is even more beautiful with your Magicals. Thank you so much for sharing, Hideko. Now I need to get the Autumn set. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Wonderful use of the Magicals on that old tree stamp (one of the very first sets I ever bought and will never get rid of). I now need to check if I have those colours of Magicals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so beautiful! What a wonderful scene and the colours are gorgeous! I might need to get some Magicals😉

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful mix of colors and shimmer using these Magicals Hideko - I do not have these but always see people using them - Your tree is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous and I love the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is something about fall that I love, and this is the perfect example. Simple, yet packs a punch, especially with the glimmer. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tree Hideko, love the Magicals effect, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card..love the look of your tree...
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you are late in the game getting the Magicals, what does that make me? Mine are still on my wish list but not in my possession! Your shimmering tree looks truly magical on your CAS card! Since I own this tree I am pinning this card because this is such a perfect way to us it! Absolutely in love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm way behind on the "Magical" bandwagon--I had to Google it to find out what it was. LOVE your results and the way the light captures the color and gives it a completely different look!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hideko, OMG what a wonderful mix of magical colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!