10/07/2018

CAS Mix Up October Challenge - wonderful holidays

The CAS Mix Up October Challenge is hosted by the talented Mac and the Design Team has a new member, SusanPat joins them as Guest Designer this month.

Mac chose "Metal" as a challenge. It's an interesting material for a card, isn't it?

 

Nancy's this card inspired me to use aluminum foil. Well, I don't cook very often, but even I have some foil in the kitchen! 😉

Here's my card:


Using aluminum foil, dry embossing, stamping with Alcohol Ink Lift Ink, 
die-cutting


First, I cut a panel of cardstock and wrapped it with aluminum foil, then I dry embossed the word, "wonderful". I colored the foil panel with alcohol ink and stamped another word "Holidays" with AI lift ink.
I made the silver holiday "greenery" with tin foil as well. Scrunched up a piece of foil and spread it back out. I put it through Big Shot to flatten it completely (the wrinkle marks stay.) Then I die cut the foil on both sides, using the grass die. The front of the foil was a little grayish so I turned it over and used the back side of it. (It looks more white-silver.)
The wreath was made of silver thread and put together with a glue dot topped off with a blue sequin. I wrapped the AI panel over the front panel and tucked both sides behind.



The challenge is open until October 24th.


Thanks for stopping by today!


Stamp: Snow Globe Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Linen Card Stock (Ellen Hutson), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!),
Aluminum Foil (Heavy Duty - Reynolds Wrap)
Ink:
Alcohol Ink (Aqua, Mermaid, Turquoise, Purple Twilight - Ranger), Alcohol Ink Lift Ink (Ranger)
Accessories:
Shadow Press (Sizzix - wonderful), Die-namics Grassy Fields (My Favorite Things), Silver Metallic Thread (Stampin' Up!), Sequins (Craft Medley - Rhythm 'n' Blues), Glue Dots

16 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh, Hideko...Stunning alcohol ink on foil and then die cut and stamped sentiments. Such a gorgeous and creative panel. Then you went 2 steps farther with your cool die cut grass and simply beautiful wreath. Wow! Even with all your elements, you have kept your card CAS:-) Thank you so much for sharing and joining us at CAS Mix Up, my friend. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You have a masterpiece here my friend! So many wonderful ways to use foil on your card! Love the alcohol inked piece with the die cut that is wonderful and the crisp look of the alcohol lift! And the crumpled, flattened and die cut edges are fantastic and have such an icy look! Love that sweet wreath made from thread and decorated with the single sequin! I can never get my thread to behave that well! Thanks for sharing this at CAS Mix Up! Such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning, Hideko. What a combination of so many fabulous techniques, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hideko, your card is stunning, love how the word stands out, your colours and the foil trim.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing design Hideko. And who knew that aluminum foil could be this beautiful??!! LOVE your AI panel with the dry embossed Wonderful and lifted holidays. The colours are gorgeous and cold, so having the aluminum foil "icicles" is just perfect. Love the wire wreath with the blue sequin. Every detail is so creative and artsy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who needs to cook with skills like these, Hideko? Tin foil in your craft studio works the charm! I love that you share all of these never-before-seen techniques with me, my friend! Your card is extraordinarily beautiful for this challenge - cannot believe those inks work on foil! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this on IG and just had to come over to see closer. You've outdone the word metal for sure on this piece. Stunning doesn't define how totally incredible this card is ...much more than WONDERFUL. You are inventive and incredibly talented. Thanks so much for sharing this masterpiece at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning results with this technique, Hideko! I never gave tin foil a thought, but you’ve inspired me to look into it. Love the colours and the cool design with the tin foil greenery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours look absolutely beautiful on the aluminium foil Hideko, and the grass die cut edge like pretty icicles and the large sentiment go perfectly. A wonderfully innovative and clever card. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Hideko, you truly knocked this out of the ball park! Your panel with the debossed word and the AI looks stunning and the silver "grass" is absolutely brilliant! Phenomenal card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word!!! This is amazing Hideko! I would never have thought this was aluminium foil! You did a fantastic job and your card is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excuse me while I pick myself up off the floor, THIS is utterly amazing Hideko. Who would have though that aluminum foil could look like diamonds on a cold winters day. The alcohol ink banding with the propped up wording ... just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always share the coolest techniques, Hideko! Your cards are little works of art! I especially love the silver threads and camouflaged sentiment--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness Hideko - as your die cut word says - this is WONDERFUL! The die cut grass foil looks like icicles extending out from your beautiful blue piece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to be late in commenting Hideko but I thought I had left a comment......
    Your card is stunningly beautiful, unique and so very creative. The colours of the alcohol inks look amazing and love the contrast with the silver foil, which has a wonderful slight texture to it. The sentiment really stands out and looks fabulous. One very special card and it looks fabulous in the gallery x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!