10/13/2018

CAS Watercolour October Challenge - thank you

Before talking about my card, I want to share this happy news with you:
The CAS Watercolour Challenge is celebrating its 2nd birthday! 
Congratulations, Bonnie, Loll, and the Design Team members! Thank you so much for your wonderful inspiration and the fun challenge every month!

 


This month's challenge is hosted by the very talented Bonnie, and the theme is:

  

Here's what I made with those three colors:



I wanted to give a little twist to the fall colors, so I went with the geometric design.
I heat-embossed the abstract triangles in clear and watercoloured only the center rectangle using masking tape. The sentiment was stamped with dark brown. I heat-embossed the outline of the rectangle using a VersaMarker pen to give it a bit more definition.

The challenge is open until October 24th, and I hope you join the celebration. There're prizes too.


Thanks for visiting!


Stamp: Abstract Triangles (Simon Says Stamp), Tiny Type (Clearly Besotted)
Paper: Watercolor Paper
(Hot Press 140 lb. - Arches)
Ink: Gansai Tambi (#33 Orange, #52 Ocean Green, #47 Dark Brown), Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!), VersaMark, VersaMarker Pen (Tsukineko)
Accessories:
Embossing Powder (Clear, Gold - Hero Arts)

9 comments:

  1. amazing Hidekeo, what a great take on the challenge, I love your watercolour background using the triangles as your base

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by with a thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment! What a treat to find this fabulous card when I got here! I like the graphic look and the sparkling frame. Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever design, Hideko! I love how you've colored just the center of the design and left the rest as a subtle frame! Your embossed framing is amazing! I would never get that even results! The shimmery frame really sets of the colors of the design! Thanks so much for sharing in our celebration at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and unique geometric design, Hideko. Love how you heat embossed your design and then only used the challenge colors to color in your rectangle. I love your added dimension with the heated eb powder 2nd layer on the outside of your rectangle and your added sweet little sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the geometric design and all the shades of orange, green, and brown that you worked into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your modern design using the challenge colours, Hideko!! This is such a clever design with only colouring the center rectangle of the whole card front. Adding the outline with embossing powder reinforces the the panel and adds some sparkle and dimension. Very cool design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's so clever! And so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall colors combined with geometric designs? Inspiring! I've been looking at that triangle stamp and love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful geometric card, Hideko! Such a brilliant use of this colour palette, of which I struggled with. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!