3/21/2021

CAS Mix Up March Challenge - sending lots of love

Hi everyone,

The CAS Mix Up Challenge this month is celebrating its 5th birthday, and I cannot miss this opportunity to join the fun! Congratulations, Loll, Bonnie, and the entire team!


I love this challenge because I can learn and try a new technique every month and the Design Team's sample cards are always inspiring. A huge thanks to the current and past members of the Design Team! 

Bonnie is hosting this milestone month, and her theme is Print Making with Die-cuts.



I think Bonnie originally shared this technique in her blog last summer, and I was so inspired that I made a few prints right after her blog post. I used the same die as Bonnie did in one of my prints, but I hadn't made a card using the print, so I made one today.

Here's my card:



[How I made the card]

1. Die-cut a flower from watercolor paper and colored the die-cut with Zig markers. I then placed the colored die-cut on another sheet of watercolor paper. When I spritzed water over the die-cut, the colors spread onto the new paper. I also turned the wet colored die-cut over and pressed it into the watercolor paper. 

2. Dried both the die-cut and the print completely. 

3. Cut the frame out of the print and adhered it with foam tape onto the mini slimline card base (*1).

4. Heat-embossed the sentiment in copper.

5. Glued the die-cut flower on the frame.

(*1) My slimline card size is 3-3/4" x 7". Michele (I Card Everyone) shared the useful info on watercolor paper and cardstock that matches watercolor paper in her blog, so I took her advice. Thank you, Michele!



The challenge/party is going on until
March 24th. I hope you'll join and celebrate the 5th anniversary too.





Stamp: Leaf Canopy (Altenew)
PaperWatercolor paper (Canson 140 lb.), Whip Cream (My Favorite Things) 
Ink: Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers (Tsukineko), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Other: Dies (Wildflower Stems - Sizzix, Nested Frame Cuts Rectangle - Hero Arts), Embossing Powder (Copper- Ranger), Foam Tape (3M), Connect Glue (Gina K)

13 comments:

  1. Wow...Absolutely Stunning work of art, my friend:-) Loved your Clean and Simple design with the watercolored die cut flower used for your print making background, which you die cut to use as a beautiful frame for your gorgeous die cut flower. Beautiful colors for your flower. Wonderful stamped and heat embossed sentiment too for your mini slimline design. TFS the size of your mini slimline card. So pleased Hideko that you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING!! This is an amazing card Hideko. I love your print ... it's gorgeous. And I love how you've used it to make a frame for your die-cut. Fabulous design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is jaw dropping beautiful, Hideko! What a beautifully colored flower and the die cut print made frame is the perfect way to showcase it! WOW! I will definitely be CASEing this, my friend! Thanks so much for sharing in our birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous layout Hideko, that die cut frame as the background is amazing. So cAS with beautiful layering ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful, Hideko. What a great idea to do the die cut printing on a frame instead of a background! The layout is stunning with the flower coming down below the frame. I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don’t know what happened to my comment, but here we go again...

    😱 Oh my goodness! Love this, Hideko!!! 💕🌸 Die cutting your printmaking background panel into frame is GENUIS! Fabulous design, too. I see a CASE coming on! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hideko - I actually just gasped! Absolutely the loveliest of all the print-making cards I've seen to date - seriously.
    So happy my recommendation worked out for you, my friend - I've since found out that MFT has stopped producing that Whip Cream paper!!! Now what will we do? Cherish every piece, I suppose?
    I'm already thinking 'what dies do I have that I can use to copy this??' LOL xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is simply stunning! Your print making is just so beautiful and delicate, what a clever idea to create a frame to show off the gorgeous die cut. Thank you for playing along with CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely adore this card! Note to self... Make frames like Hideko does... It's stunning my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Outstanding card and the effect of the technique is amazing Hideko x. Yes I love learning new techniques too and will be practicing this one a little more x. Your card is beautiful, eye catching and the best I have seen using this technique Hideko x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card Hideko and great use of the technique, I love every design element you used. Thanks for joining us for our 5th Birthday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So stunning! I love this design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!