11/12/2023

Cherish the Moment

Hi everyone,

I was inspired by the beautiful cards created by the Group of Seven Cardmakers, and tried my hand at the Stenciling over Heat Embossing technique.

Here's what I made:



I heat-embossed the background using a Balloon String background stamp with Clear Sparkle embossing powder, and then stenciled over it with a City Scene stencil and three blue distress oxide inks.

A lucky accident happened during the process. The Clear Sparkle embossigng powder has glitter, so when I stenciled over it, most of the glitter on the cityscape image came off. This unintentional effect worked well for the image I had in mind - a rainiy cityscape!

I hope you can see the sparkly rain in the sky in this picture:


I created a frame impression using a rectangular die and an embossing pad, and then I attached a foild sentiment strip to the front panel. 

I usually visit Tokyo in spring and fall, but I didn't make the trip this fall, which left me feeling a bit nostalgic.😢 Maybe that's why I picked up this cityscape stencill for this techniqe. 

Thanks for visiting me today!





Stamp: Balloon Strings (My Favorit Things)
Ink: Distress Oxide Ink (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Paper: Basic White, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Others: Stencil (Sity Scene - Altenew), Embossing Powder (Clear Sparkle - Wow!), Glimmer Hot Foil Plate (Glitter Wishes - Spellbinders), Glimmer Foil (Prism - Spellbinders), Connect Glue (Gina K), Dies (Nested Frame Rectangle - Hero Arts), Embossing Pads (Spellbinders)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful stenciled city scape and LOVE how the glitter from your heat embossed image came off onto your stenciling...very cool and I noticed it right away on your photo. I loved the blue shades of ink you chose for your stenciling too, Hideko.

    We both missed out on our Fall trips...oh well...next year:-) Now more time to create Christmas cards, etc:-) TFS and adding your beauty to our Oct. GO7 Linky, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing home is hard. I hope this beautiful cityscape made you miss it less, my friend! It is beautiful and this is such a creative way of showing rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought? Sparkly streamers on New Year's Eve! Hideko, your sparkly rain is just as beautiful!
    I can be packed and ready by next Spring! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Hideko. LOVE the gorgeous shades of blue and your sparkly rain looks amazing through the stenciling. Great work, my friend. I'm sure you are missing your family and friends that you see on your yearly trip. Hopefully you'll be there next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous way to create a rainy cityscape! Such innovative use of our Group of Seven technique! Love the shades of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is magazine-worthy, Hideko! So, so clever and executed perfectly to make it look like a rainy cityscape! Even better, when the rain is schparkly! Thanks for linking to Go7! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never think of balloon strings for the background (without balloons!) but of course, you did Hideko!! and what a great look you achieved with your stenciling of the city scape over the strings! Totally looks line rain on the city! Thanks for sharing with us at GO7! Sorry I'm so late to see your lovely card - and wishing you a Happy/Crafty New Year! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!