10/15/2023

Violet Flowers

Hi everyone,

The Group of Seven Cardmakers recently shared a new technique, Dry Embossing with Re-inker Watercoloring. Since I didn't have suitable black pigment ink for the technique, I used white pigment ink instead. You can find detailed technique instructions for this technique on the Group of Seven website.

Here's what I've made:



I was aware that using white pigment might result in a grainy look on the watercolored surface, so I decided to take advantage of the effect and used "Masonry Wall" embossing folder for the background.

I felt the wall panel needed a bit more definition, so I added a very thin violet foil matte (although you can hardly see it) to the back of the panel and raised the entire panel with foam tape. The violet flowers were die-cut from a piece of white cardstock with a double-sided adhesive sheet attached to it. 

I'm excited to see how this technique will stretch the use of my embossing folders.

Thanks for visiting me today!😊



Ink: Distress Ink Reinker (Milled Lavender, Stormy Sky, Bundled Sage - Ranger), Pigment Ink (Unicorn White - Hero Arts)
Paper: Cold Press Watercolor Paper (Arches), Naturals White (Stampin' Up!), Metallic Confections (Lavender Foil - Tim Holtz)
Others: Embossing Folder (Mansory wall - Altenew), Dies (Violet Flower - Alexandra Renke), Double-sided Adhesive Sheets (Altenew), Connect Glue (Gina K), Foam Tape (3M)

9 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! Love your version of the technique Hideko using white pigment ink instead of black on your wonderfully textured Masonry Wall 3D EB Folder. I just ordered this wonderful EB folder...now will have to CASE your beauty, my friend. I love how you were able to keep your card CAS using this new technique:-) You have me inspired....as always, Hideko:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to mention your wonderful choices of DI Refills colors, sweet die cut violets and added foil mat and popped up image...all perfect:-) TFS

      Delete
  2. That turned out so well that I'd like to try one with white pigment ink! I love your colour choices - beautiful moody muted colours. The bright white flower looks perfect against it. I can see the thin violet matte - it sets the panel off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your masonry wall embossing folder is FABULOUS! And I LOVE the colours you've used Hideko. Beautiful card ... thanks for sharing at Gof7! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using white ink gave this technique a whole new look, Hideko! I love how it worked and the masonry embossing goes perfectly! The narrow mat of lavender foil is a perfect contrast to the panel. I love how that white die cut flower pops against it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Hideko! I'm not sure I can even express how taken I am with your brick work ... that EF has been on my radar, and I finally found someone who knew how to make it shine - YOU! Gorgeous colors that are all among my favorites!
    An incredibly beautiful card...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that EF! (enabler alert) 😉 Your card is absolutely beautiful! What a creative twist on the technique!… I haven’t attempted this technique for fear of permanently staining my EF. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of this one. Such a lovely effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that masonry wall EF Hideko - what beautiful colors you used with it! So sorry I'm so late coming to see this! Thanks for joining us in this technique! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!