9/10/2022

CAS Mix Up September Challenge - Sending Love

Hi everyone,

Hilary is hosting CAS Mix Up Challenge this month, and she wants us to use Gesso and a stencil for the card.



I haven't used my Gesso for a long time and this was a good opportunity to take it out to use it! I used a beautiful stencil a sweet friend gifted me.

Here's my card:



[How I made the card]

1. Stenciled the dahlia with Gesso on a piece of mixed media paper.

2. When the Gesso dried, sprinkled Brusho over the stenciled paper and spritzed it with water.

3. Cleaned off the Brusho from the stenciled flower with damp paper towel.

4. Put back the stencil on the panel and stenciled with Gesso again.

    😱 I used too much Gesso, and it bled under the stencil...

5. Die-cut the panel and the outside thin frame from the stenciled panel.

6. Die-cut 3 white thin frames and stacked them for dimension.

7. Hot foiled the sentiment on a piece of white card stock.

8. Put everything together and glued it onto the card base.


Because of the seepage of Gesso, my Dahlia became a little abstract, but I kind of like it. 


This is the first time for me to use the Dahlia stencil, so I'm entering the card in NBUS Challenge #42.


Thanks for visiting me today!






Paper: Mixed Media Paper (Strathmore 140lb.), Basic White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Brusho (Yellow, Orange, Chrimson, Sea Green, Black)
Others: Gesso (Liquitex), Stencil (Peeking Dahlias - ArtPlorations), Dies (Essential Rectagles - Ellen Hutson), Glimmer Hot Foil (Essopress Bean - Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Plate (Everyday Sentimets II - Spellbinders), Connect Glue (Gina K)

12 comments:

  1. I think your dahlia is perfect, Hideko! And that background is GORGEOUS! I love how it forms a mat around the lovely white framing! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Gorgeous stenciling with Gesso stenciled Dahlia, Hideko! I love how you used Brushos for your watercolored colorful background and how you used your die cut thin Brushos border from your background...so clever and beautiful, my friend. Your narrow framing is so perfect with your sweet sentiment. Another CAS beauty..as always:-) TFS ...Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and artistic dahlia, Hideko. LOVE how the gesso and brushos work together. Perfect framing to show it off! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are those lovely brushos again! They pack such a beautiful punch of bright color and a gorgeous place to plant your Dahlia, Hideko! I've yet to use my gesso for anything but splatter - I really need to give this a try!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a delightful make - using your NBUS

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Hideko! Such fabulous movement with the Brusho watercolours. It looks like a painting that should be framed! Still didn’t notice the gesso seeping under the stencil, so maybe it added to this masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so gorgeous! I love the colours and the way you've framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like your artsy dahlia, Hideko ~ I LOVE it! And what a great idea to use Brushos and then gesso the stencil a second time! The results are so striking. Thank you for that great tip and for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you hadn't told me about the gesso leakage I wouldn't have noticed. I think this card is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining in with our gesso challenge this month. I found that preventing that leakage is the biggest challenge when using gesso and stencils, but it is wonderful how it resists ink and paint. Great use of brusho paints too xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy accidents are always such a pleasure - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, pretty, pretty Hideko! LOVE the gesso stenciled white bloom and your beautiful mix of Brushos around it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the large flower, BG colors and your layout where you used the thin frame around the edge! Sue N

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!