6/21/2015

PPA 256: A Sketch Challenge

A friend mine is into reading about the histories of European queens and princesses these days, so I thought this was a perfect card to send her.

I was inspired by Kerry's sketch of PPA256.


I wanted to give a little antique-y feelings, so I used the muted blue (Not Quite Navy) and red (Riding Red Hood). I could have done without the sequins, but I'm glad I've added them. Queens and princesses need some bling! :-)

Stamps: Artistic Etchings, French Foliage
Paper: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Riding Red Hood
Ink: Early Espresso, Sahara Sand
Accessories: 3/4" Circle Punch, Frosted Sequins, Hemp Cord, Dimentionals

8 comments:

  1. Great card using the Paris theme and their colors. The Eiffel Tower image is perfectly inked... Thanks for joining in with the PPA sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Katy! It was nice to get a chance to use the retired stamps and cardstock.

      Delete
  2. I love this with the Eiffel Tower! Very cool card! So glad you shared it at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, Linda!

      Delete
  3. Delightful! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kerry! I enjoyed working with your sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!