12/11/2018

CAS Watercolour December Challenge - thanks

This month's CAS Watercolour Challenge is hosted by the very talented Designer, Bonnie. Her challenge is "Thank You".  Isn't it the perfect theme for the end of the year?



While making this card, I was thinking about all the love, kindness, support and encouragement I received from my friends and family this year. I'm especially thankful for getting to know the many card-makers/stampers in the online community and developing friendships with them. I sometimes can't believe I've never met these friends in person.

So, this is a thank-you card for YOU.


One of the Distress Inks I used for the background to create a cold wintry feeling was Weathered Wood (blue/green gray), and I liked how it turned out.

[How I made the card]
1. Made a stencil monoprint background using Distress Inks and die cut the piece with a stitched frame die.
2. Stamped the rose and the leaves using Misti.
    * There are 6 layers for the rose. It works better for me to use 3 shades of pink inks and double stamp to make a one-notch darker shade than to use 6 different shades of pink/purple.
3.  Die cut the sentiment and sponged it with Weathered Wood.
4.  Glued the rose, the leaves, and the sentiment to the front panel and adhered the panel to the card base.




The challenge is open until December 15, so we have a few more days.

Thanks for visiting me!


Stamp: Build-A-Flower Rose (Aletenew)
Paper:
Watercolor Paper (Extra White - Fabriano),
White Linen (Ellen Hutson), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Dye Ink (Rose Quartz, Puffy Heart, Purple Wine, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades, Evergreen - Altenew), Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass, Weathered Wood - Ranger)
Accessories:
Dies (Build-A-Flower Rose, Script Words 2 - Altenew, Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX - My Favorite Things), Stencil (Dot Fade - Stampers Anonymous)

13 comments:

  1. Hideko, wow your background is amazing the softness of the blue stencil monoprint and that beautiful flower. Stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Hidkeo. I love the beautiful flower ... lovely card.

    Greetings from Germany
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL thank you card Hideko! Your background with the weathered wood (one of my favorites!!) is FABULOUS and your rose is just simply lovely! Beautiful, beautiful card my friend! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely of you to post it as a thank you to all of us! And what a beautiful card with the gorgeous rose and the stencil monoprint! Love those two Distress inks together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful faded dot stenciled background for your pretty layered stamped rose and die cut sentiment, my friend. I would like to thank you for your friendship and for your gorgeous CAS inspirations this past year. I am looking forward to more in 2019, Hideko. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hideko, it's us who should thank YOU.. you DO have such wonderful things to say to all of us... kindness abounds with every visit!
    I adore that Weathered Wood... I got it right after it released, but sadly haven't had it out much - YET! I love your stenciled background; so subtle so it allows your gorgeous Rose shine!
    I sure hope I have a moment to play along … we can never have too many thank yous at the ready! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Gorgeous card Hideko! And yes, perfect for this time of year. LOVE the colours of your stencil monoprint background. I don't use my Weathered Wood ink ... I really need to show it some love after seeing how amazing it worked on your card. :) I also love that stencil and have the feeling I'll be shopping soon! :) Isn't it fun to enable each other to spend money??!! :)

    Your rose is gorgeous. I love the depth you have achieved with your layers of ink. It really does look 3-D! You have amazing talent Hideko, and I thank you for all you share with us at the CAS teams! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find it very difficult to line up these layered stamps, but you have done it perfectly, my friend! I love the soft shades of pink and they show beautifully on the neutral, stencil monoprint background. Thank you, my friend, for your friendship and for all you do for our CAS Challenges! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so sweet and this is one beautiful card, Hideko! That background is amazing. I hope I have Weathered Wood DOx ink... if not, I need to do some shopping. 😉 Your stamping and layering of the rose is gorgeous... I agree you don’t need 6 different ink colours to achieve depth and colour. Well done my friend! It’s been a blessing to know you. Happy holidays! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is a phenomenal card, Hideko! Absolutely love it! The background and that gorgeous rose! Thank you for you kind words and thank YOU for all the inspiration found on your blog! I am so very glad I have found you in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been such a pleasure to visit you and see your beautiful creations and be totally inspired... this is a gorgeous card and I'm already looking forward to your next one! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too have started thank you cards. It is the perfect time of year for that, and this is a beauty to be sure. The background is so lovely for the lovely rose flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so gorgeous...what a beautiful card.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!