10/15/2020

CAS Christmas October Challenge - merry christmas

Hi everyone,

This is a reminder for CAS Christmas Challenge, and Christine, our host, picked Christmas Birds for the theme for this month. 



Here's my card:



[How I made the card]
1. Die-cut the bird's body, wing, beak, legs, and a branch. 
    I did a little surgery on the bird's body shape so that it would look like a cardinal.




2. Stamped the sentiment on the front panel and glued on the bird and the branch.
3. Stenciled falling snow with glimmer paste.
4. Adhered the front panel to the card base.




Please check out the challenge blog to see the wonderful sample cards made by our Designers. The link is open until October 24th.
I hope to see you in the gallery!








Stamp: Modern Christmas (Ellen Hutson)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!)
InkEncore Ultimate Metallic Ink (Tsukineko - Silver)
Accessories: Dies (Birds of Feather - My Favorite Things, Garden Greens - Sizzix), Stencil (Falling Snow - Simon Says Stamp), Nuvo Glimmer Paste (Moonstone), Connect Glue (Gina K)

15 comments:

  1. CAS perfection Hideko!! LOVE your Cardinal and what great surgery techniques you have my friend...he's perfect!! Love your snowy and glittery background too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your die cut cardinal...lots of tiny pieces to piece together. I am impressed with how you made the die cut bird, so it would look like a cardinal:-) Wonderful glittery textured stenciled snow and modern looking sentiment to finish your beautiful CAS Christmas Card design. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your 'minor surgery' was the best cosmetic surgery I've ever seen, Hideko!!
    Fabulously CAS and Christmas-y!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing surgery on this bird to make a fantastic cardinal, Hideko! The sweet red cardinal and dark branch make a huge statement with all this white space! An awesome CAS card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hideko, your surgery was a success because I wouldn't have known this was intitially NOT a cardinal. Your card is terrific, so sweet and simple and definitely CAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at surgical work with die-cuts. Your cardinal is so cute. Stencilling the falling snow with glimmer past finished off your scene perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great surgery on the die cut to make the perfect Cardinal :) He looks so happy in his snow scene. Great card Hideko :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So elegant and very cleverly done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great surgery on your bird Hideko!! Your bright red cardinal looks lovely sitting on the dark branch looking up into the sparkly snow fall! A beautiful CAS design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic transformation of your cardinal, Hideko! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card, Hideko! I love how you did surgery on the die-cut to create a cardinal and your falling snow adds so much texture to your design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE how your cardinal pops against all that glorious white space, Hideko! And the glimmer paste falling snow adds lots of sparkle. LOVE your design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you 'made' the wonderful cardinal and what a striking CAS Christmas card, with such a peaceful scene Hideko x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your bright pop of red on your white card, Hideko. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CAS perfection dear Hideko, that's what I love about your striking creations. Keeping it simple with a WOW factor, that's your beautiful style. I too will continue to drop by, warm hugs ...stay SAFE xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!