2/15/2021

CAS Christmas February Challenge - santa paws

Hi everyone,

I'm here with the reminder post for this month's CAS Christmas Challenge. Susan's challenge is Dogs and/or Cats.



Here's my card:



[How I made the card]

1. Stamped the image with Distress Oxide Ink on a piece of watercolor paper, clear heat-embossed it, and watercolored it.

2. Gold heat-embossed the sentiment.

3. Die-cut the window and attached a piece of acetate sheet from behind.

4. White heat-embossed the reindeer and Santa's sled on the card base.

5. Ink-blended the sky with Distress Oxide ink and spritzed shimmer spray over the sky.

6. Adhered the front panel with foam tape.


The acetate window reflected in the above photo and the sky looked funky. Here's the actual look.



The most difficult part of making this card for me was doing the rough watercoloring.
I tend to overdo it with watercolors and ruin the image so I had to fight the urge to fill in every blank spot or color with many brush strokes instead of a single swish. I colored a few dogs, and I think this was the best of the bunch. 😉

Join this fun challengeThe challenge is open until February 24th.



Stamp: Happy Pawlidays (My Favorite Things), Holiday Home (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Distress Watercolor Cardstock (Ranger), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Oxide Ink (Ground Espresso, Blueprint Sketch - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Paint: Watercolor paint (Gansai Tambi - Kuretake)
Other: Dies (Stitched Rectangles - Simon Says Stamp), Embossing Powder (Gold, White - Hero Arts), Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray (Sparkle - Tsukineko), Foam Tape (3M)

15 comments:

  1. This is so adorable. Someone else on the team had this same image but I don't remember who it was and I was just making a comment on it. LOL I know what you mean about loose watercoloring. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little dog with his empty stocking waiting for Santa to come and fill it! Love the way Santa is outside the acetate window! Thanks for making such a great card for the challenge I'm hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little dog waiting anxiously for Santa:-) I Love your loose (rough) watercoloring, Hideko. I tried it once and the only thing that worked was using cold press watercolor paper. I did several too. Yours would be even more difficult using such a small image. I love how your dog turned out. The acetate window with Santa and his reindeer flying by was a genius idea. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun little scene with the puppy waiting for Santa :) Loose watercolouring is so hard, those darn little white spaces want colour soooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've perfected the 'art' of loose water coloring, Hideko! and what a perfect time to bring it out - just love that pup, and how you've colored him. But! that little 'postage stamp' placement for your wee little Santa? Brilliant, I'm telling you!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable pup Hideko, and he certainly looks like he's ready for Santa to fill up his stocking!! Love how you framed out Santa with the die cut opening too...great design!! Hugs. 😊❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pup is adorable, Hideko! I think you've colored him and his stocking perfectly! Love the little aperture with Santa and his sleigh! A fun detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That adorable little pup sure wants his stocking filled up and is full of anticipation. Super adorable card Hideko x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great design with your die cut-out postage stamp Hideko! that pup is SO cute holding his stocking in anticipation of getting it filled! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did great work with your watercolour Hideko!! The puppy is so adorable and I love that he is looking out the window and excited to see Santa and his reindeer. Such a cute scene you've created. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see we chose the same pup...great minds, right? I love how you watercolored him and the stocking and really love your embossed postage stamp! Such a darling Christmas card, Hideko! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh another adorable scene of a puppy staring off at Santa! Love your choice of a white silhouette. I’m not a watercolorist and understand where you’re coming from BUT... your watercoloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeek! This is so cute! I love that the window actually looks like a postage stamp... Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hideko you and Barb were on the same wave length, I love this little puppy and so glad you colored him/her up and gave us another design, so clever and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your "rough" watercoloring--it's perfect for the image and the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!