8/20/2026

CAS Christmas August 2026 - Jingle All the Way

Hi everyone!

Julia has chosen "Santa's Sleigh" as the theme for this month's CAS Christmas Challenge.





Here's what I created:



When I bought this die set a long time ago, I wasn't very familiar with specialty papers. These days, so many wonderful types of specialty paper are available, so I decided to marry an old element with a new one.


The row of houses at the top is die-cut from shimmery gold vellum, the snowy slope with trees in the center is regular white cardstock, and Santa riding his sleigh at the bottom is silver holographic paper. The holographic cardstock creates such a beautiful rainbow shine depending on how the light hits it.


You can catch a clearer look at the gold shimmer and the true metallic shine of the silver paper in this photo taken in the shade:




To keep the card CAS, I kept everything flat without using any dimensional foam tape. It was so much fun giving a fresh new look to one of my favorite older die sets!


Let's pop over to the challenge gallery to check out all the wonderful "Santa's Sleigh" cards!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!




Stamp: Bitty Holiday Wishes (My Favorite Things)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Paper: Basic White (Stampin' Up!), Gold Vellum (Grafix), Assorted Holographic (Rainbow - Simon Says Stamp)
Others: Dies (Sleigh Ride - Stampin' Up!), Embossing Powder (Silver - Hero Arts), Connect Glue (Gina K)

6 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful, Hikeko! The use of those two specialty papers makes such a unique and vibrant card! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your card, Hideko!! The gold shimmer paper and the gorgeous rainbow with silver metallic papers work so beautifully together. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas, my friend! Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful mixture of papers, Hideko! The city on the hill glows and I love the changeable colors of the sleigh! I can almost hear those jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your darling silhouettes are twice as wonderful with these pretty papers, Hideko!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Hideko, I adore that ombre metallic card with Santa and the sleigh shimmering in such beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas, it's such treat to see your cards again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely CAS design Hideko! So pretty with the metallic papers - love the house and tree layer above the Santa in his sleigh layer as he rides to all the houses on Christmas Eve! Thanks for playing along with my challenge this month at CAS Christmas: Santas Sleigh! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!