3/02/2017

Thinking of you, my friend!

A good friend of mine is having a hard time these days, and I wanted to make an encouraging card for her. While thinking about the design and colors for the card, I saw a beautiful card made by Donna Mikasa. I was totally inspired by her color scheme. The colors used in her card were perfect for my friend because her favorite color is light salmon. 
So here's my card:


 
I heat-embossed the dahlias in clear, and loosely colored them with distress ink.


Cheer up, my friend!

Stamp: Regarding Dahlias, Sheltering Tree (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Watercolor paper (140 lb - Strathmore)

Ink: Distress Ink (Ranger - Picked Rapsberry, Spiced Marmalade), Memento (Tuxedo Black), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Ultra Fine Embossing Powder (Hero Arts - Clear), Sequin (Lucy's Cards - Gilded Rose)

Thanks so much for visiting me today!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!