2/26/2017

CAS(E) this Sketch #210 - dinosaur message

I often wish I had majored in art - or at least that I had studied some kind of art when I was at school. But I didn't, so I started learning art-related bits and pieces online this year. Better late than never, they say, right?

I saw a "split complementary" color wheel palette last night, so I used it in my card today.
Here's how it works: Red's complementary color is green, but instead of using green, I used the two colors next to green, which are yellow-green and blue-green (leaves).

I think it makes a subtle and interesting color combination.



The layout was inspired by CAS(E) this Sketch #210.


 
I wanted to try a new embossing powder I got called Rainbow Black, and see what the color looks like. It turned out the color was perfect for the dinosaur.
I also heat-embossed the sentiment in red on velum paper, and die-cut it.



Stamp: No Bones about It (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!), Translucent Vellum (My Favorite Things)

Ink: Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz, Baked Brown Sugar (Stampin' Up!), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Deckled Rectangles Dies (Spellbinders), Embossing Powder (Rainbow Black - Wow!, Cherry Cobbler - Stampin' Up!), Sponge Dauber (Stampin' Up!), Thin 3D Foam Squares (3L)


Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!