3/17/2016

PP286: A Color Challenge

I wanted to make something different from usual when I saw the Paper Players color challenge from Nance this week. I usually use white as background, but I decided to go with black for this card.



Here's the challenge banner from Nance.



I brushed Wink of Stella over the sentiment to brighten up the card a little.



Stamp: Something Lacy
Paper: Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Horizontal Stitched Strips Dies (mft), Fancy Words Dies (rc), Wink of Stella (clear), Enamel Dots (black), Dimentionals

Thanks for visiting me!
 

4 comments:

  1. I love this dramatic black card. Something Lacy is a favorite of mine. I love the way you showcased the colors with your gorgeous card! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your sweet comment, as always, Claire! Something Lacy is a favorite of mine too. I love the woodblock-print like flower images.

      Delete
  2. Wow your coloured panels are beautifully highlighted against the dramatic black background - gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Joan! The solid color panels alone (calypso coral & bermuda bay) looked too flat against the black background, so I added the flower patterned panels.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!