8/14/2018

CAS Christmas Card August Challenge - merry

I've been wanting to use the Alcohol Ink Lift Pad but I didn't have any Alcohol Ink backgrounds at hand, so I finally got to make some this weekend. 😊

First, I watched tutorial videos from Tim Holtz and Jennifer McGuire.
I made alcohol ink backgrounds, stamped images using the lift ink, gently removed the excess ink with a paper towel, and buffed it with Kleenex to get the clear images.

This is one of the backgrounds I made.


As you can see on the right tree, the ink was not lifted completely in the center. It could be that I didn't do it right somehow, or the Silver Mixative prevented the ink from being lifted.
The ghosting effect was interesting and looked different from white heat-embossing.

And I made this simple card:



I die cut the front panel window, sandwiched the AI panel, and popped it up with foam tape. The die-cut sentiment was adhered to the AI panel.

You can also stamp the lifted AI ink onto another card. So I made this card with the stamped-off tree.



I stenciled falling snow with Nuvo Glimmer paste, die cut a frame, and pasted it over the card base. The sentiment was die cut from the leftover AI background and layered over another die-cut piece of navy blue.

It was a fun experiment and I added two more to my Christmas card stash. Yay!
The CAS Christmas Challenge is open until August 24th, so join our fun!



[Card 1]
Stamp: Evergreen (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Yupo Paper (Ranger), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:
Alcohol Ink (Purple Twilight, Indigo, Turquoise, Patina, Silver Metallic Mixative - Ranger), Alcohol Ink Lift Pad (Ranger)
Accessories:
Stitched Rectangle (Simon Says Stamp), Merry Christmas Brush Script Die (Kat Scrappiness), Foam Tape (3M)


[Card 2]
Stamp: Evergreen (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Yupo Paper (Ranger), Whisper White, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:
Alcohol Ink (
Purple Twilight, Indigo, Turquoise, Patina, Silver Metallic Mixative - Ranger), Alcohol Ink Lift Pad (Ranger)
Accessories: Die-namics Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames (My Favorite Things),
Merry Christmas Brush Script Die (Kat Scrappiness), Stencil (Falling Snow - Simon Says Stamp), Nuvo Glimmer Paste (Moonstone)

12 comments:

  1. WOW!! LOVE both your tree cards Hideko!! First, your AI background is GORGEOUS! LOVE the colours! And great work with lifting the ink. Your first tree card is fantastic. I love the effect of the lifted ink. So pretty. And great contrast with having it framed in white.

    The second card is a bonus!! Love that stamped tree from the lifted ink. You did a great job using this for the first time ... perfection! Beautiful CAS design with your embossed snow and stitched frame. Two amazing CAS Christmas cards, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received my order with this ink! Two beautiful cards, Hideko! Love your vibrant AI background in my favorite blue color! Wonderful lifting and stamping to create your second card. Great CAS designs too. I need to give this a try. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous background, Hideko ... such delicious blue hues! The lifted Christmas tree looks so delicate and dreamy against it ... and the restamped one is fabulous with all the variegated colour, giving it a wonderful sense of depth and dimension! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..Gorgeous Alcohol Lift technique for your pretty Evergreen tree. I wondered it that was not the SU tree you used. I have that set:-) I hope to get the Alcohol Lift solution soon. Looks like such a fun technique. Your 2 Christmas Cards, Hideko are such beautiful CAS designs. TFS and Inspiring me to try this technique. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you AI lift and the stamping off of the ink on the second card, it's so interesting how the metallic ink works differently. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas with your beautiful trees :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a clever way to create 2 cards, Hideko! I love the ghosting effect on the first card and your classic design on the 2nd card!
    Thanks again for having me along as GD for August ~ Barb G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both the cards! You got a wonderful impression from the lifted AI for your second card! Great framing and layouts on both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've just shown there are NO mistakes when creating, Hideko... you could teach Tim and Jennifer a thing or two, my friend!
    Two gorgeous cards - haven't gotten that lifting ink YET - or are you bringing it with you? Have you booked that flight? xx
    =]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these are beautiful, Hideko! I can't decide which I like better! You got a fantastic shadow effect with the lift and such a clean and crisp tree with the lifted ink! I haven't tried this yet, but you make me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two spectacular cards! You really got good results from your lift piece. The first time I tried, I was very disappointed in the lift, but I did get a nice look stamping on the 'other cardstock'. You've inspired me to try it again, and I really like the deep blue of the background. I used red & green and a poinsettia. TFS & thanks for the inspiration too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got the ink pad a couple of weeks ago and still haven't had time to try it! You got lovely results here and the cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous ... you picked the perfect image to do this with. It is so fun to do though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!