8/18/2018

CAS Mix Up August Challenge - friend

I made a few Stencil Monoprint backgrounds for CAS Mix Up Challenge earlier this month, so I made another card using one of the backgrounds.
Loll's sample card inspired me to stamp and color on the monoprint.

Here's my card:


Using Stencil Monoprint, Stamping, Watercoloring, and heat-embossing


I cut a rectangle from the monoprint panel. I wanted to heat-emboss the flower off the edge too, so I heat-embossed the same flower image in gold 3 times using the Misti - one for the monoprint panel, another for the dark brown matte, and the other for the card base. When all three are layered, the outlines are connected cleanly.
I colored the flower and the leaves with the distress ink. This is actually my second try. I overworked the first card and ruined the monoprint, so I was very careful not to watercolour the flower too much or too long. 
The sentiment was heat-embossed in gold. The front panel was popped up with foam tape.



Making stencil monoprints was so much fun and I'll definitely use this technique again!


The challenge is open until August 24th.

Thanks for dropping by today!


Stamp: Golden Garden (Altenew), You're a Gem (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Watercolor Paper (Canson - 140 lb), Early Espresso, Naturals White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Ink (Iced Spruce, Victorian Velvet - Ranger),
VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories:
Halftone Stencil (Altenew), Embossing Powder (Gold - Hero Arts), Foam Tape (3M)

15 comments:

  1. Hideko, OMG such an amazing monoprint background. I love the splattery effect and that flower is stunning. Your stamping off the main panel is perfect and the colours are just so WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you hear my out loud "Oh My Gosh...Gorgeous" when I opened your blog, Hideko? I LOVE your soft earthy tones on your artsy negative Stencil Monoprint background and beautifully creative heat embossed (3 X's)flower and colored with Distress Inks. Love your gold embossed sentiment too. I still have that favorite SU sentiment set:-) Thank you so much my friend for joining us at CAS Mix Up. I agree such a fun and easy watercolor technique.
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.......absolutely stunning, so unique and wonderfully artsy. Love how you stamped the rose three times to great effect. The colours of the print are fabulous and this is one very special and eye catching. Another stunning card for the gallery at the CAS mix up challenge....thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the gold embossing on your monoprint, Hideko! You've lined up the embossed flower perfectly and your watercoloring is perfect! I have had to ditch a lot of pieces because I overworked them. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this on IG and it’s gorgeous, Hideko! Amazing stencil monoprint. Beautiful and stylish colours. Embossing the flor on all the layers for continuity is brilliant! Gotta love that MISTI! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Hideko!! LOVE that you've heat embossed your pretty rose over top of the beautiful monoprint background. Awesome! And having all three layers embossed so you can go off the edge is so creative. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is stunning! Absolutely love how you embossed even the layer and everything lines up so perfectly! I know you used the MISTI, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm drooling! This is so beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous! And thanks ever so much for your kind words...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hideko, I am up to my elbows with DT work, and all I want to do is continue my monoprint adventure with you! I have several stencils calling my name... LOVE the one you've used! and this subtle, sensational idea to repeat that 'off the page' gold stamping - just WOW! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is beautiful. I love your monoprint background for your beautiful rose. I like how you embossed it on all 3 layers separately and then lined them up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness Hideko, this is gorgeous. I love the iced spruce and victorian velvet together and the gold embossing adds that finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SO beautiful Hideko!! Wonderful colors on your stencil monoprint - and I love how your bloom runs off the panel onto the card base - so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw this on IG and fell in LOVE. Such a creative approach in your colours used in the mono print and the watercoloring. The gold embossing really brings this card to life, simply stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the look!! fab results mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the results of your monoprinting--so artsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!