4/15/2019

CAS Mix Up April Challenge - love

It's time for more inspiration from the CAS Mix UP Design Team. Our challenge for this month is Layered Stamping with Heat Embossing.



I changed gears from white card base to dark color card base to take  advantage of the opaque layering of heat embossing.

Here's my card:




Using Layered Stamping with Heat Embossing, Die-cutting, and Stamping


[How I made the card]
1. Die-cut a rectangle window and used the negative portion as a mask for heat-embossing the window with clear sparkle embossing glitter (*1).
2. Heat-embossed the rose, layering with the white, the pink, and the red.
3. Gold heat-embossed the leaves on a piece of black cardstock and die-cut it. Glued it below the flower.
4. Heat-embossed the sentiment in gold.
5. Scored the frame.



*1: It's interesting to see that the clear sparkling glitter embossing powder turned green on the black card base.


You have until April 24th. Hope you try this technique and share your card with us in the gallery!






Stamp: Vintage Roses (Altenew), Arrow, Star, Diamond (ART)
Paper:
Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories:
Dies (Vintage Roses - Altenew, Elegant Rectangle STAX - My Favorite Things), Embossing Powder (White, Gold - Hero Arts, Melon Mambo, Cherry Cobbler - Stampin' Up!, Clear Sparkle - Wow!)

15 comments:

  1. Stunning glittery background (love how it turned green on black CS) for your beautifully layered stamped and heat embossed flower, Hideko. I love how you added the heat embossed leaves and gold embossed sentiment too. All gorgeous with your black scored cardstock card base, my friend. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hideko, you often bring a memory to mind! This time, it is a wonderful vase that my mom gave me. It was black, and decorated with bead-like dots of glass. They, too, gave this gorgeous glimmer! A very beautiful, very dramatic card, my friend! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hideko, very glamorous colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome background for this equally awesome flower, Hideko! I LOVE how the embossing powder turned out on the dark card and the layers of the rose are so natural looking! Such an elegant card, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fascinating that the clear sparkling embossing powder turned green on the black cs! I must try some of mine and see if that happens. Love your layered flower and the beautiful gold leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ... incredibly beautiful card Hideko! Great job with this technique! I love how the glitter center shape went green. It's gorgeous and really shows up so well on the black. Your layered and heat embossed rose is gorgeous! Great design with your scored framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still working out how you did this one, I can say it's absolutely gorgeous Hideko :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing card! An amazing design! I love how you used the background twice. Black gives a strong contrast to your rose, and the brocade background gives so much elegance to the card. Thank you that I could be in our great team and for your support :-)
    Happy Easter, Hideko!
    BożenA xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a striking effect with the heated embossing powders. I love the dramatic look of the black card and what a classy and stunning card. Yes I found it fun finding out the different colours on the black card too x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hediko your card is beautiful and the rose is stunning, I will have to try using a black background with this technique as the results are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a dramatic card, Hideko! The green embossing reminds me of verdigris and a perfect background for your rose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Such a stunning and dramatic card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Striking and dramatic with the black, Hideko. Your embossed layered rose looks incredible. The gold is a fabulous choice and pops brilliantly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow!! How beautiful and so elegant!! I love this Hideko!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Hideko! this is just gorgeous! LOVE how the clear embossing looks green against the black - and your embossed flower and sentiment are beautiful layered on the corner - a wonderful piece! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!