5/01/2019

CAS Mix Up May Challenge - happy birthday

It's the 1st and time for another fun challenge!
The CAS Mix Up May Challenge is Baby Wipe hosted by our very talented Designer, Bonnie. Our wonderful Guest Designer for this month is Berry (Berry's Bramble).
There are very useful tutorial video links provided on the challenge site, so please check out to see what you can do with baby wipes for your cards!



Here's what I made using my baby wipe stamp pad.


Using Baby Wipe Technique, Heat-embossing, and Stamping


[How I made the card]
1. Dropped 4 colors of inks on folded baby wipes and made a stamp pad.
2. Stamped the leaf image on a piece of white card panel.
3. Gold heat-embossed the sentiment.
4. Added the sequins to the front panel.
5. Trimmed both sides of the panel so that the panel would be slightly smaller than the card base. (*1)
6. Layered the panel over a piece of white cardstock in the same size to add a slight dimension. (*2)
7. Adhered the front panel to the card base.



*1: I thought I needed a very simple frame and this would be one of the simplest frames.
*2: Foam tape or craft foam was a little bit too thick for the design, and layering another piece of card stock was just enough to show the levels.


I like how the ink blended. The baby wipe ink pad was juicy enough to stamp a few more times, so I did it for future cards. 👍


I hope you enjoy using this technique and would love to see your creations in the gallery!
The challenge is open until May 24th.




Stamp: Leaf Canopy, Birthday Builder (Altenew)
Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)

Ink: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Pistachio Pudding (Stampin' Up!), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories:
Die-namics Elegant Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things) , Embossing Powder (Metallic Gold Rich Pale - Wow!), Sequins (Sparking Clear 3 mm, Lime Sorbet 3 mm - Pretty Pink Posh), Baby Wipes

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE the variations of greens stamped leaves you achieved with your baby wipe stamp pad, Hideko. I must try your technique, which I have never done and...I just got a new package of juicy baby wipes:-) Beautiful gold heat embossed sentiment, a couple of sequins and wonderful way to add a little framing and popping up of your main image. All perfectly balanced, my friend. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait. what?!! You've blown my mind this time, Hideko!!! Is this a technique you have invented? I'm going to read more! But before I leave,
    I must say: your card is absolutely GORGEOUS! You've made a believer out of me! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your leaves are gorgeous, my friend! I have been admiring them! I look forward to seeing more of them. Love the simple dimension. A very classy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hideko I love your colour combo for the leaves. The variegated effect is stunning. You wow me every time I see your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Hoping to join the challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. LOVE the colours you've used for your stamp pad. The leaves look amazing with the motled colours. Fabulous card, Hideko!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Hideko. Love the colours... perfect with this image. And I agree about stacking cardstock for dimension. I wish they made thinner foam tape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a unique and beautiful effect using this fun technique Hideko. The design is CAS perfection. I always enjoy your step by steps and love how you stacked the card stock too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous design and color palette, Hideko...Love this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors you chose. This is so pretty, clean and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A breath of our autumn leaves. Your colour tones are so complimentary and I love how the intensity of the inks vary making it look so dreamy. Clean and Simple, I LOVE it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning CAS design Hediko, I love every element of you card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your leaves - such a wonderful blend of colours! And also love the two perfectly positioned sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your leaves are gorgeous, Hideko. You achieved a beautiful effect for your leaves with the baby wipe ink pad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marvelous color choices for this foliage! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stamp pad made of baby wipes?? Seriously?? Well if it helps me make a gorgeous card like yours, I'll definitely have to try it! A CAS beauty, Hideko!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another beautiful card. I love this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!