5/15/2019

CAS Mix Up May Challenge - happy birthday

Hi everyone,

It's half way through the Bonnie's Baby Wipe challenge at CAS Mix Up and time for some more inspiration.




I used the technique Kia demonstrated in her video, and made this card:


Using Baby Wipe, Die-cutting, Heat-embossing, and Stamping


[How I made the card] 
1. Smooshed a few Distress Oxide inks on a piece of photo paper. One color at a time and dry it well before smooshing the next color.
2. Dried the photo paper completely and wiped it over with baby wipe. Voila - vibrant colors appeared.
3. Die-cut the frame and gold heat-embossed the sentiment.
4. Glued the photo paper on to the card base and popped up the die-cut panel with foam tape.


I had so much fun wiping off the fog from the photo paper. It's like a magic trick.

You have until May 24th to link up your card here. Hope you join the fun challenge!




Stamp: Dotted Blooms (Aletenew)
Paper: Photo Paper (Cannon), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Oxide Ink (Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles, Forest Moss - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Dies (Timberland Collage - Memory Box), Embossing Powder (Gold - Hero Arts), Foam Tape (3M)

12 comments:

  1. Hideko, you have used two Distress Oxides I've yet to add to my stash: mowed lawn, and pine needles... must remedy that - this is gorgeous! Yes, magical indeed! LOve this elegant arch of trees - perfection as a frame!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Stunning babywipe background my friend. I am in the SEATAC airport and will be leaving on the 7:30 flight to BC:-) Will get there at 8:25. Christine and Trina are picking me up. Loll, Susan and Bonnie are there having a ball I am sure. More tomorrow. Getting so excited. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Hideko, I love all those shades of green they add so much texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed this technique too Hideko and I am loving your card. The striking greens look so vibrant and beautiful against the clean white fabulous die cut. Fabulous CAS card with a fabulous technique x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful forest in the midst, the white framing is the perfect choice to allow that BG to shine through. Great colour combo too. A beauty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This background is so perfect with your die cut, Hideko! It's so bright and pretty with the white tree die! Love, love, love it! Wish you were here with us, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely mix of yellow and green behind your beautiful white woods die cut framing Hideko! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card Hideko, that die is perfect for your background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card - the background is perfect with the die!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Hideko. Fabulous choice of dies. I just posted a green baby wipe card too on the MB blog using this fun technique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those greens are fabulous and I agree wiping is like magic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a fabulous technique and I love the result you got... Beautiful my friend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!