10/15/2019

CAS Mix Up October Challenge - so very grateful

Have you tried the Foiling technique featured in this month's CAS Mix Up Challenge? I tried stenciling the foil transfer gel last time, so I "inked" the gel for stamping this time. Thanks so much, Bonnie, for hosting this fun challenge!




Here's my card:


Using Foiling, Die-cutting, and Stamping


[How I made the card]
1. Inked the stamp with the Foil Transfer Gel with a piece of sponge and stamped on the dark brown card base.
2. Placed a copper foil sheet over top and ran it through my laminator.
3. Die-cut the leaf from the front panel to make a leaf-shape window.
4. Stamped the sentiment on the front panel, glued the die-cut sentiment, and added a sequin to the panel.
5. Popped up the front panel on the card base with foam tape.




I love how the leaf veins were foiled! I didn't expect the details to show so clearly.


You have until October 24 to link up your card here. I hope you'll try this magic-like technique!











Stamp: Lace Leaf (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Early Espresso, Naturals White (Stampin' Up!)
 

InkEarly Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:
 Grateful Leaf Dies (Concord & 9th), Deco Foil Transfer Gel (iCraft), Deco Foil (Copper - iCraft), Sequin (Metallic Gold 4mm - Pretty Pink Posh), Foam Tape (3M), Laminator, Connect Glue (Gina K)

12 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Hideko. Agree with you ... the foiling really shows all the amazing detail of this beautiful leaf. Gorgeous card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an elegant leave, Hideko! I love the copper foil and the contrast with the darker base! The details of the veins is amazing! An awesome card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous detailed leaf foiled veins on your beautiful die cut inlaid leaf. Love your CAS design with the leaf being the star! Wonderful stamped and die cut sentiment too. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got an amazing amount of detail in the leaf!! I had no idea foil could do that. Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is beautiful!! What a gorgeous result with the leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hideko, I never would have thought the veining would be so exquisitely detailed - such a lovely surprise, right? Gorgeous Autumn card, my friend! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Beautifully CAS and I love all the detail that shows through with the foiling on the leaf xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Hideko, the foiling looks amazing against the brown card. such a beautiful fall leaf :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful autumn card, Hideko. Incredible foiling to capture all the exquisite lacey details. Great design to allow the gorgeous leaf take center stage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very elegant and shiny! I have this stamp, so you've inspired me to try this technique:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful colour combination and the copper foiling looks amazing....And so is your card Hideko x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That leaf and the colour are amazing. I have that leaf stamp so I am going to have to try your technique xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!