10/01/2019

CAS Mix Up October Challenge - thank you

Hi everyone,
It's the 1st and time for another fun challenge!
The CAS Mix Up October Challenge is Foiling hosted by our very talented Designer, Bonnie. Our wonderful Guest Designer for this month is Michele (I Card Everyone).
There are very useful tutorial video links provided on the challenge site, so please check out the site to see how you can use foiling for your cards! 




Here's my card:


Using Foiling, Stamping, Stenciling, Die-cutting, Heat-embossing,
and Dry-embossing


[How I made the card]

1. Stenciled a piece of cardstock with Transfer Gel and let it completely dry.
2. Placed the foil paper on top of the stenciled piece and put it through a laminate machine.
3. Die-cut the laminated piece with a floral frame.
4. Added Stickles around the edges of the die-cut.
5. Dry embossed the card base.
6. Stamped the sentiment in black and clear heat-embossed it.
7. Edged the left and bottom sides of the card base with Stickles
8. Popped up the die-cut foiled flower on the card base with craft foam.



This was my first try with foiling, but now I'm hooked! Peeling the foil sheet after laminating is like magic. It's so much fun!

This is Watercolor Amethyst foil and I love that it has lighter and darker shades of Amethyst.


You have until October 24th to link up your card. Check out the challenge site for inspiration and join this fun challenge!











Stamp: Dotted Blooms (Altenew)
Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
 

Ink: Versafine (Onyx Black - Tsukineko)
Accessories:
 Floral Frames Framelits (Stampin' Up!), Fairy Tale Forest Stencil (Artplorations), Deco Foil Transfer Gel (iCraft), Deco Foil (Amethyst Watercolor - iCraft), Embossing Folder (Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions - Stampin' Up!), Embossing Powder (Clear - Hero Arts), Stickles (Champagne - Ranger), Craft Foam, Thermal Laminator (Scotch)

14 comments:

  1. I think we are all hooked on foiling now! :) I'm running out of words to describe the incredible designs from our team. Your card is STUNNING, Hideko. I love the amethyst foil in the gorgeous stenciled design. So cool to die-cut and use it as a corner --- and beautiful edged with gold stickles! Love the texture of your card base too. All the elements add up to in AMAZING design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...Hideko...Absolutely Stunning foiled CAS Card design, my friend. I love your choice of stencil and added stickles around die cut foiling and edge of card front. The gold is so pretty with the gorgeous amethyst foil. TFS the close up of the shine too. Wow!! Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You make me want to buy a laminator, my friend! This is beautiful and I love the stickles along the edge! I need to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the base - so beautifully dry embossed - to the multicolored foil, Hideko I LOve your gorgeous creation! Thank you for your kind welcome!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh looks so gorgeous Hideko, Now to get my laminator out, it's been a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I haven't seen this type of foil, but now I NEED it! Your card is so beautifully CAS, unique and elegant! You've definitely inspired me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is another stunner from you Hideko and pure elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh how I love that close up, such a gorgeous piece, Hideko. Perfect gold stickle accents to bring that foiling perfection. I'm impressed. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so pretty. I love the colour of foil you've used and the stickles around the edge looks so delicate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful use of the stencil with that gorgeous colour of foil!! And I love the use of the Stickles around all the edges - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first time!? Amazing stencilling/foiling work, Hideko. I have a bunch of these watercolor foils. Love the gradient of colours they give. The stickles is a beautiful touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous foil colour Hideko and a beautiful stencil design. Love the touches of stickles you added on the edges of your die cut and card and the subtle embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning effect and love the tones of the foiling on your beautiful card. Such a pretty idea to use the stickles for the edging. A Wow card Hideko x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what beautiful foiling Hideko - love the purple, the flower shape panel and the pretty gold edges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!