6/21/2020

CAS Mix Up June Challenges - birthday wishes

Hi everyone,

I've move to the CAS Christmas Challenge Design Team, but I'd love to join the CAS Mix Up gallery as much as possible. This month's challenge uses one of my favorite kinds of paper, vellum. How fun!



Here's my card:


Using Embossed Vellum, Sponging, Die-cutting, Heat-embossing, and Stamping


[How I made the card]
1. Sponged a piece of mixed media paper with blue and purple distress inks, and glued it to the card base. (left side in the picture below)
2. Die-cut a window from a front panel and heat-embossed the sentiment. Added star-shaped (punched) sequins next to the sentiment.
3. Dry embossed a piece of vellum and glued it to the window panel (right side on the picture below)


4. Adhered the front panel to the card base with foal tape.




I'm happy that the embossed vellum looks like frosted glass and the sponged colors softly show.

Thanks for visiting me today!








Stamp: Bitty Birthday Wishes (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Translucent Vellum (My Favorite Things). Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Ink (Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Embossing Folder (3D Geometric - We R Memory Keepers), Dies (Hemstitch Squares - Spellbinders), 
Embossing Powder (Metallic Silver Sparkle Embossing Glitter - Wow!), Sequins (4 mm - Craft Medley), Hand Punch (1/4" Star - Fiskars), Foam Tape (3M)

12 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love how the colours from the background glow through the dry embossed vellum. And what a fabulous embossing folder ... so much depth and such a cool design. I love this CAS design Hideko! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hideko, this is such a wonderful way to add [the impression] of colored vellum! You are so very clever, and talented, too! A sensational card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the blue sponged background gives that deep embossed vellum some color! I thought you'd used colored vellum. Love how the blue peeks through the die cut framing dots, the silver embossed sentiment and the little star sequins! Fantastic card, my friend! So good to see you in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..Gorgeous creative vellum technique, Hideko. I LOVE your 3D dry embossed vellum layered over your bright ink blended background. Beautiful way to soften your bright blue and it looks like you colored your vellum. Very clever, my friend. Love your square hemstitch die cut square frame and pretty heat embossed sentiment and stars too. So many mixed media elements and yet...still Clean and Simple:-) So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up, Vellum. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome design Hideko, so soft and pretty! Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks amazing! I love the vellum with this eb folder, especially with the blue! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shades of blue and mauve! And a wonderful dimensional look from the embossing folder! Great use of vellum for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy reading how you do your cards Hideko and what a fabulous CAS card it is. The dry embossed vellum, with the blues/purples behind it look absolutely beautiful x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this, dear Hideko. In the gallery, I really thought you had specially tinted vellum. Surprised to learn its the backing, what a lovely effect. Truly miss you and your creative style, along with your detailed description. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous Hideko, simply perfection. Love the texture of the embossed velum and your die cut window :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. In a word.... Stunning!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so simple yet super striking, Hideko! Thought you coloured the vellum before embossing it. Fabulous colour and EF used. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!