6/03/2020

CAS Christmas June Challenge - happy holidays

Hello everyone,

I'm back to the CAS Christmas Challenge Design Team, and I hope to inspire you to get started making Christmas cards! 😊

Linda is hosting this month's challenge and she chose Bells as the theme.
Our Guest Designer is LeAnne (weeinklings).




I thought foiling was perfect to give bells a metallic feeling, so here's my card.




[How I made the card]
1. Spread a thin layer of Transfer Gel over a piece of mixed media paper.
2. Put a piece of foil sheet over the paper and ran it through the laminator.
3. Die-cut bells from the foiled sheet.
4. Die-cut borders from a white front panel, heat-embossed the sentiment, and glued the bells on the front panel.
5. Brushed glitter gloss over the base card so that sparkles from the glitter peek through the thin border apertures.



[Side Note]
I die-cut bells from a black toner sheet at first, but I didn't get smooth foiling on them. There were a lot of scratches as you see in the picture below.


So I used Transfer Gel instead. The Gel worked better for me.


There are tons of inspiring cards from our Designers and the Guest Designer, LeAnne on the challenge site. Please check it out and play along with us.

I used the bell die set for the first time, so I'm entering this card into NBUS Challenge #15.










Stamp: Snow Globe Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Mixed Media Paper (Strathmore - 140lb.)

Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Jingle Bell Set Dies (Impression Obsession), Modern Border Trim Dies (Memory Box), Deco Foil Transfer Gel (iCraft), Deco Foil (Wild Cherry, Teal, Ocean Blue, Copper - iCraft), Embossing Powder (Black - Stampin' Up!),  Laminator, Connect Glue (Gina K)


19 comments:

  1. What beautiful shiny foil bells Hideko. Love the die cut vertical lines - what a great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! CAS and sooo striking Hideko!! Loving all your colorful and shiny foiled jingle bells, and all the lines with the glitter behind them too! STUNNING card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your foiled bells in rainbow colours are gorgeous, Hideko. Can really see the beautiful shine from your close-up. And I love that die-cut border at the top ... very cool! So interesting that the bells on black turned out scratched. That happens to me with my laminator sometimes, but I think the black shows through more. Always learning! :) Welcome back to the team Hideko ... so happy you're here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your colorful jingle bells, Hideko - so gorgeous in the foil!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your foiled bells are gorgeous...this is one technique I've not tried yet! And that die is so interesting, it makes me think of icicles! Just a lovely sparkly card all round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...your foiled die cut bells are Stunning, my friend. I loved your die cut background and CAS design for your bells. Thank you for sharing the shiny close up of your bells. So pleased you are on the CAS Christmas Card Challenge. I LOVE your CAS Christmas cards, Hideko. Take care and Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your foiled Christmas bells are so striking, Hideko! I love your choice of colors and your die cut border is absolutely stunning! A really beautiful card!!! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty and jolly Christmas card Hideko. Thank you for the tips on foiling and the gel and foil sure did produce a fabulous effect. Wonderful CAS card with tons of inspiraiton, thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to see you in my inbox, Hideko! I would have been very sad to not see your presence on the CAS team, my friend.
    Your card is gorgeous! - those fabulous die-cut 'streamers' add such beautiful interest, and I'm so glad you didn't give up on foiling! That transfer gel really did work perfectly - they are so smooth! Very beautiful!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only amazing foiling work, Hideko, but so incredible how you were able to capture their gorgeous shine in your photos. My attempts usually result in them looking black. Love the rainbow of bells and the die-cut border... looks like icicles especially with the glitter peeking through. Welcome back to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back to CAS Christmas, Hideko. Your foiled bells look beautiful on your pretty bordered paper that looks like icicles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your foil jingle bells are perfect, Hideko! So smooth and shiny! And I love the texture the die cut adds to the card front! Sure miss you at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! The background for those pretty bells is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hideko, I love your design using that modern border die as modern snow falling down! It makes a great accompaniment for your shiny and colorful jingle belles!! Keep staying safe and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful foiled bells Hideko, they look amazing with that border die, love the shimmer peeking through that too, gorgeous CAS design, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those bells are fabulous! Love the vibrant shimmer of the foil. And what a great idea to do them in all those different colours - they are incredibly festive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Forgot to say welcome to the CAS Christmas Design Team, Hideko - wonderful to have you with us! I'm looking forward to all your Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that lovely shiny foiling and paired with the simple embossed background, they just look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous CAS card - I love those shiny bells.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!