5/25/2020

Old meets new

Hello everyone,

There are some stamps that I somehow don't get along with. I'm sure they feel the same way about me too. 😉


I've had this tea cup stamp for a long time. Actually this is one of the first stamp sets I bought when I started making cards 8 years ago. I made a few cards using the stamp, but they never looked good. For example, I have a blog post draft from 4 years ago that shows a card with this stamp. I ended up not posting it because I didn't like the card very much. 
Anyway, I've always wanted to make a card with the stamp and be happy with the card.

This time I armed the stamp with my favorite items:
First, I chose one of my favorite colors to stamp - navy.
Then I used my new favorite dies - a coaster die and a crimped frame die.
I also used my recent favorite embossing powder - copper.

Voila!




Finally, I think I'm happy with the card, and now I feel like I've come to terms with an estranged friend. 

And they lived happily ever after ... ðŸ˜„ 



My coaster die is Never-Before-Use-Schtuff, so I'm adding the card to NBUS Challenge #14.


Thanks for visiting me today!


Stamp: Tea Shoppe (Stampin' Up!), Heartfelt (Penny Black)
Paper: Whisper White, Naturals White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Midnight Muse (Stampin' Up!), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Dies (Cozy Cup Coaster, Crimped Frame - The Greetery), Embossing Powder (Copper - Ranger) Stickles (Gold - Ranger), Foam Tape (3D)

12 comments:

  1. That coaster is awesome, Hideko! It's perfect for the pretty tea cup to rest on! Love the copper embossing on the sentiment! You have definitely made friends with this stamp, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of the copper sentiment with the navy cup! And what terrific dies you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... I'm glad you tried again. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it. Kathy A at myasperations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hideko, the navy is perfect with the white and love that coaster die :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved how your trendy CAS card design turned out, my friend. Your navy tea cup, die cut coaster, frame and copper heat embossed sentiment were the perfect combination:-) Isn't it fun to see the improvement in our stamping designs and keeping up with the trends? TFS Hideko. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you used the pretty stamp again Hideko. The colour combination of the navy and the copper look fabulous. Great design layout and a beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hideko, what took you so long? LOL I adore the stamp, especially in this wonderful navy ink - a tea cup [and card] I'd definitely buy, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, Hideko! Love all your favorites to showcase the delightful (and neglected 😂) teacup. Would never think of pairing navy with copper, but they look amazing together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect mingling of elements, Hideko! This design is a Mwah! Wallah! It's a beautiful cup and it looks stunning in navy on top of the coaster! The border and the copper finish it beautifully!! I hope you are keeping well and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new coaster die is so cool! And I love it with that gorgeous flower tea cup. I used to have that set, but not sure I still have it. I did use it a lot, years ago. I also have some stamps that do not behave. :) We should start a support group (or swap group). xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you gave that stamp another chance... Your card is so beautiful! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know just what you mean about not liking certain stamps Hideko1 - and how wonderful that you gave this pretty cup another chance to prove itself to you! It looks lovely sitting on the coaster in all it's blue floral beauty! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!