5/01/2020

CAS Mix Up May Challenge - my sweet friend

Welcome to our new challenge at CAS Mix Up!

Our talented Designer, Linda, is hosting the challenge this month and her theme is Gesso Resist. We have a wonderful Guest Designer, Pooja

There are tutorial video links at the challenge site, so please check them out and try this fun technique.




Here's my card:




Using Gesso Resist technique, Die-cutting, Heat-embossing, Stamping

[How I made the card]
1. Applied gesso on the stone background stamp, stamped it on a piece of mixed media paper, and dried the paper for 10-15 min.
2. Masked the outside of the window and sponged Distress Inks over the gesso stamped image.
3. Lightly spritzed with water over the distress inked window.
4. Die-cut the leaves and the window frame, and glued them on the front panel.
5. Punched small circles out of the glimmer paper and glued them near the leaves.
6. Heat embossed the sentiment in dark brown.
7. Adhered the front panel to the pale pink card base.






Thanks so much, Linda, for hosting this fun challenge this month! This is the first time for me to use gesso for stamping, and I loved the more subtle texture than heat-embossing for the background.

You have until May 24th to link up your card here. Looking forward to seeing your card in the gallery!










Stamp: Slate & Stone (Stampers Anonymous), Well Hello (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Mixed Media Paper (Strathmore - 140 lb), Pale Rose (Bazzill), Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Ink (Pumice Stone, Iced Spruce), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Gesso (Liquitex), Dies (Grasses - Alexandra Renke, A2 Thin Frames - Simon Says Stamp), Embossing Powder (Early Espresso - Stampin, Up!), Circle Hand Punch (1/16", 1/8" - Fiskar), Connect Glue (Gina K), 

17 comments:

  1. AWESOME, my friend! I've been wondering how you did this! It's going into my CASE file! I love the soft gray sponging with that tiny frame and the grass is a perfect little eye catcher to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love the texture left behind. The cool soft colours make this precious card even more so. The touch of pink is special and works beautifully. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Bonnie, I have been anxious to read your detailed description of your beautiful card. I love how you created the texture by inking your background stamp with Gesso...what a cool technique. Adding your soft DOX inks to the window along with the die cut glittery leaves and pink cardbase go beautifully with your Gesso stamped background. Thank you so much for sharing your card and your detailed description, my friend. Stay Safe and Creative, Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Hideko, the texture of this monochromatic and elegant design is stunning! The design and pink card base are genius!! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Your card is STUNNING, Hideko. I LOVE the calmness of your design. So beautiful with the crackled stenciing and the glitter leaves. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Loll, it is very serene! I love the contrast of the grey and white and the pretty die cuts:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hideko, this is simply stunning! It's amazing how you created the window on your panel by masking, and distressing only the window portion of the panel! I've not seen this stone background stamp - it's fabulous! Well your whole design is fabulous! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the grey, silver and pink. The whole card works so well, it is just perfect. I am going to have to try this technique I think xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Hideko, absolutely gorgeous. I love that soft grey and the perfect framing with the die cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Hideko! I really love your slate background and your beautiful color palette...love the sparkly leaves, too! You did a truly amazing job on this project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Subtle and elegant... yet so striking, Hideko! Love the gray/pink/white colour palette with the sparkly die-cut leaves. Another fabulous design. Absolutely gorgeous. Love it! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is stunning Hideko, love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning. I love the softness of the stamping in the background, and the grey tone is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you masked a small area to add your sponging! The thin frame is perfect to highlight that area, and the silver glimmer branch and dots are wonderful accents. A beautiful and elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful Hideko... Love the textured look here and as always just so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning card Hideko. The technique looks fabulous and yes I love the subtlety of the gesso too. Gorgeous tone on tone effect and with the pop of bling your card is amazing....I love it! x.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Hideko, this card is sooooo beautiful, love the soft colours and that stone background/frame... just gorgeous, hugs and stay safe Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!