4/15/2020

CAS Mix Up April Challenge - hello

We're halfway through this month and it's time for more inspiration for CAS Mix Up. The challenge for April is Bleaching.



Here's my card:



Using Bleaching, Sponging, Die-cutting, and Stamping


[How I made the card]
1. Sponged a piece of Bristol paper with Distress Inks, heavier toward the bottom.

2. Applied bleach to the stamp, stamped the image on the blue sponged panel. and cut out a 1-inch strip from the center.
3. Inked the stamp with sponge dauber and stamped the image on a piece of white cardstock. I used the sponge dauber so that I can ink the upper part of the stamp lightly.
4. Matched the image of the bleached panel with the stamped image and glued the panel to the card base.
5. Die-cut the thin frame and the sentiment from silver foil paper and glued them to the card front.
6. Punched two tiny circles from the silver foil paper and added them to the card front.




The challenge is open until April 24th. Check out the challenge site and enjoy the wonderful sample cards.
I hope you try this fun technique and share your card in the gallery!




Stamp: Just Believe (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Bristol Paper (Strathmore - 100 lb.), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Foil Mirror Paper (Silver - Recollections)
Ink: Distress Ink (Timbled Glass, Peacock Feathers - Ranger)
Accessories: A2 Thin Frames Dies (Simon Says Stamp)
, Greetings Thinlits Dies (Stampin' Up!), 1/16" Circle Hand Punch (Fiskars), Connect Glue (Gina K)

15 comments:

  1. Hideko, I was wondering about using bleach on our stamps just the other day. Was it a red rubber SU stamp that you used? A beautiful, delicate, card, my friend! The silver was the perfect accompaniment to this shade of aqua blue!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is special, I love the cool tones used for this spotlighted beauty. So creative and beautifully executed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative, Hideko! I love how you've matched the bleached and stamped flowers so perfectly! And fading out the ink on the top of the stamp to match with the sponging was a brilliant idea! An amazing card, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, Hideko! Love the combination of bleached and inked stamping. Such a gorgeous shade of blue - and it works perfectly with the silver accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful and creative bleached stamping card design, Hideko. I love your soft colors, silver foil narrow framing, tiny dots and silver die cut sentiment. All so pretty and beautifully balanced, my friend. TFS..Stay safe and creative. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea to add bleach to your stamp and what a super result! Beautiful card my friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so beautiful with the delicate, ombre sponged colour and pretty bleached image. It's another great way to use bleaching on cards, Hideko. I need to try it out! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, Hideko! Love the soft colour blending and creative split negative design. I never thought to use bleach directly on the stamps for fear that it would ruin the stamps, but now that you’ve shown it’s fine, I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card using the bleach technique Hideko - so pretty with the ombre coloring on your panel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful Hideko, gorgeous ombre effect and love the light colour after using the bleach :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm the only one who didn't know you could use actual bleach on your stamps! I thought it was just water! Such beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you matched the image on the two pieces of card Hideko, wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful and delicate. I love the soft colour, and how you've matched up the stamped image with the background is so clever ..... love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so clever and the effect is amazing, such a good idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't stamped with bleach in a long time, but your beautiful card makes me want to try again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!