1/15/2021

CAS Christmas January Challenge - from our home to yours

Hi everyone,

This is the mid-month reminder for the Silhouette challenge at CAS Christmas.


I decided to use one of my all time favorite silhouette dies and make my card today. 


I made a lot of Christmas cards using these die-cuts in the past, so I wanted to give them a new life by making DIY stencils using the dies. 

Here's my card, using the stencils.


[How I made the card]

1. Made stencils using pieces of acetate and dies.


2. Stenciled on a piece of white cardstock using Distress Oxide Inks and make-up brushes.

3. Spritzed a little water over the sky to give a falling snow look.

4. Made a double-stitched frame impression on the panel using a frame die.

5. Heat-embossed the sentiment in silver, and added some dots with a silver gel pen.

6. Adhered the front panel to the card base.


Now I have the stencils so I can quickly make multiples.

Please check out the challenge blog for more inspirations. I hope to see your Silhouette Christmas card in the gallery! The link is open until January 24th.





Stamp: Cozy Christmas (Ellen Hutson)

Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)

Ink: Distress Oxide Ink (Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet, Tumbled Glass - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)

Accessories: Dies (Sleigh Ride Edgelits - Stampin' Up, Just Stitching Double Rectangles - Lawn Fawn), Embossing Powder (Silver - Hero Arts), Gelly Roll (Silver - Sakura), Acetate (Grafix), Connect Glue (Gina K)

14 comments:

  1. Great idea to make stencils out of the dies and get further use out them Hideko x. Such a delicate card with a wonderful design and almost ethereal look to the sleigh ride x...... So very pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to make stencils out of these dies, Hideko! A beautiful sky and the scene is awesome with the combination of die cut and stencil! What a fun Christmas card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to make stencils using acetate...your cards are wonderful, especially love how you stenciled in the sleigh and horse...beautiful card Hideko!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me I had those dies, and love how you created the stencil out of one :) Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those dies too - what a great idea to make stencils out of them. A beautiful sky around the houses and wonderful soft stencilling around the horse and sleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG..Love your DIY stencil made from your die cut silhouette Christmas images, Hideko. We are on the same wave length, my friend. I just used this technique on a card I made a couple of days ago:-) I will share after I take a photo. Loved your soft blended inks, heat embossed sentiment and die cut framing too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one sweet winter scene, Hideko! LOVE how you've stretched the use of your dies to create stencils. Beautiful blending of shades of blue for a very peaceful and serene Christmas card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, what lovely dies those are and what a creative idea to make stencils from them Hideko! Your scene is just beautiful with the dark snowy sky above and lighter blue sky over the snowy landscape, love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful card Hideko! I have similar CP dies and I am so going to CASE you with the idea of making stencils from the dies! Lovely, lovely Winter silhouette scene my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an amazing job turning your dies into stencils, Hideko...Beautiful ink blending and gorgeous scene! Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Using your dies to make stencils has given these images a whole new softer look Hideko. I have also done this but using card stock; your idea to use acetate would make positioning easier and give the stencils a longer life - clever! Love the serene blues you used on your card. Vicky x

    PS Thanks for your comment about the snow. If it's any comfort to you, snow is not all is cracked up to be lol! It's cold and gets mucky quite quickly - in the UK at any rate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea, creating stencils out of your dies. Beautiful card, Hideko.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous and as always full of uncluttered elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful, Hideko. Great job stretching your dies to create stencils. You must know I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!