1/03/2021

CAS Christmas January Challenge

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fun holiday and I'm wishing you a happy new year!

Now it's the start of the 2021 CAS Christmas Challenges, and this month's challenge is being hosted by our talented Designer, Julia (Create with Me). She chose Silhouette as the theme. We have a wonderful Guest Designer, Pat (Colourful Card Creations). Welcome, Pat!




I used die-cuts of deer silhouettes, and made this card.


[How I made the card]

1. Stenciled falling snow and sponged the bottom of a piece of acetate with Frosting Glass acrylic paint.


2. Heat-embossed the tree ring in clear on a piece of watercolor paper and blended inks over the heat-embossed image with a make-up brush.

3. Die-cut the deer and glued them onto the watercolor paper.

4. Die-cut the frame, glued the acetate piece to it, and popped up the entire assembly on the watercolor paper with strips of foam tape.

5. Glued the whole front window panel onto the card base.



I really liked the frosted glass look of the window and the watercolor paper texture showing through!

I decided to go without a sentiment for this card to keep the scene intact.

I hope you check out the challenge blog to see the wonderful cards from our Designers and Guest Designer.  Start building your Christmas card stash at the beginning of the year and share your card with us in the gallery!





Stamp: Stamptember 2017 (Tim Holtz collection)

Paper: Distress Watercolor Cardstock (Ranger), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)

Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko), Distress Inc (Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers - Ranger)

Accessories: Acetate sheet (Grafix), Fresco Finish Acrylic Glaze (Frosting Glaze - PaperArtsy), Dies (Winter Wonderland - Sizzix, Infinity Dies Rectangle - Hero Arts), Stencil (Falling Snow - Simon Says Stamp), Embossing Powder (Clear - Hero Arts), Adhesive Foam Strips (Darice), Connect Glue (Gina K), Craft Sponge (Stampin' Up)

18 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Hideko x. A real stand out card and so very pretty x.
    The window and acetate effect is so creative and so effective. I love the 'white' silhouette deer's and 'Wow' to the halo/ring around the deer's antlers. I so love this one Hideko x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous result Hideko using the acetate to which you have added the snow drift and the falling snow, and the white embossed tree ring with the blue ink blending using the textured watercolour paper really adds that special something, and the coordinating white deer over the top finish it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is really gorgeous, Hideko! I love how you added dimension with the tree ring and the frosted glass look across the bottom of your design! Great idea to use white for your silhouette images, too...really beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is wonderful! Love the use of the acrylic with the sponged and stenciled snow - popping it up over the deer gives the most amazing frosty look to the whole card. The background is fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...Stunning frosty acrylic glass over your stamped and heat embossed tree ring and textured watercolor paper was amazing frosty texture, Hideko! Adding your elegant die cut stag and fawn and popping up your frosty window was an amazing creative addition to your beautiful background and framed beautifully. You truly are a clever artsy CAS paper artist, my friend! TFS and making the New Year very special. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is a stunning card Hideko!! I love the look of the frosted glass on the acetate and the way it looks over the water colored layer...such a lovely, lovely scene!! This would be a card I put out as a decoration each Christmas...it's simple but oh so beautiful Hideko!! Hugs my friend. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, Hideko! I love that frosting that does look like frosted glass! All the different textures of white and blue are so beautiful and show off these deer beautifully! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a combination of elements. I love your heat embossed wood slice and the use of the acetate to create the background of your scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, another WOW from me too! My jaw dropped and I had to go back and read it a second time...this is amazing, such a great technique, it makes an awesome statement and so glad you decided not to add a sentiment, it really does speak "peace" without the word covering up anything you created!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely beautiful Hideko !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Hideko! I love the soft blue ... very peaceful and perfect for a winter scene with deers. I love how you've added the frosted window over top. Haven't heard of the frosting glaze before so will be checking it out right after I publish this comment! :) Amazing card - what a wonderful way to inspire for our first challenge of the year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year to you too Hideko!
    Your card is so beautiful! The frosted window really does recreate the stillness of a misty, frosty morning. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the superlatives have been said before, Hideko - but 'magical' seems to be the first that comes to mind! Brilliant to use that acetate for the addition of frost - not only do I love the depth it adds, but can imagine how wonderful it would be to see your scene outside my own window! Yes, the texture of your water color card makes the snowy ground realistic - that I can truly attest to!
    Happy New Year, my friend! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a stunning card Hideko, the colours are so pretty, love the embossed tree ring as a focal point behind the stag, and the effect of the frosting glaze on the acetate is fabulous, such a creative card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm, I don’t like “ the frosted glass look of the window and the watercolor paper texture showing through”... I absolutely LOVE it! Those exact features were what I loved about it before I even finished reading your post. So creative how you did the snow on the acetate. Gorgeous card, Hideko! Did I mention I love it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's fabulous!! I love the idea of the paint on acetate... So effective... Thanks for the tuition!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hideko, this is such a beautiful winter scene with the frosted snow and the deer in the foreground. Gorgeous. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card to start the year off. That frosted window is lovely and soft background is so pretty. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!