9/14/2021

Playing Cards with Michele

Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to be Playing Cards with Friends today, especially with my dear friend, Michele from I Card Everyone.

Michele is not only talented and creative, she has a great sense of humor. You don't know how many times her funny card sentiments (all original, by the way) have made me laugh and brightened my day. What I most admire about her is that, as her blog title shows, she always makes me feel that she's showing her cards to me personally, even though she has tons and tons of friends even just in the card-making community.

I'm honored and grateful for this invitation to play cards with you, Michele!

Here are the parameters for today's play:

  • Coloring - It's National Coloring Day today!
  • Altenew image


And here's my card:


I took an online watercoloring course, Floral Faves, by Heather Telford in July.

One of the lessons was No-line Watercoloring, and I tried it. This is not exactly no-line watercoloring šŸ˜, but I really enjoyed learning it. 

The stamp set I used is one of my all time Altenew favorites, Beautiful Day. The background was ink smooshed with acetate.

Some day I hope to visit Michele in Michigan and to play cards in person!

Let's go and check what she made for today!





Stamp: Beautiful Day (Altenew)
Paper: Watercolor Paper (Artistico Extra White - Fabriano, 140 lbs), Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Ink (Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Carved Pumpkin, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Pumice Stone, Ground Espresso - Ranger)
Other: Dies (Beautiful Day - Altenew), Thin 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives), Connect Glue (Gina K)

14 comments:

  1. I know you may still be sleeping, so I will be as quiet as I can be! lol
    You've done a brilliant job of no-line coloring - the hardest of all techniques, I think! You've brought your favorite bloom to life in the most wonderful of Autumn colors, Hideko. Smooshing with acetate, and those little GREY sprigs in the background have made a beautiful home for your Beautiful Day blooms!
    It's so fun to think that one of my favorite of all color combos is achieved by joining your card and mine: Orange, and Pink!
    Thank you so very much, my sweet friend! One day we WILL play cards together! Your room is ready! Matt and Tom can fend for themselves, or cook for us! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Absolutely GORGEOUS Hideko! I love that stamp set too, and it looks perfect in the wonderful shades of yellow and orange! Loving your muted but beautiful smooshed background too! Lovely, lovely card my friend, and I hope Michele invites me over when you come to play at her house...or you can both come here too! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped over from Michele's blog and am delighted I did. Your gorgeous "no-line" looks like you did it freehand. Impressive shading of your vibrant florals with lots of interest added with different tones. Contrast looks dimensional on that lovely, soothing neutral background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your water colouring is just fabulous. It turned out beautifully. I love the simple background and those splatters too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now wouldn't that be fun having a face to face craft day with the fabulous, fun and friendly Michele x. Your card is beautiful Hideko. Love the subtle background and that amazing flower x. Such a happy card and I love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to be playing cards with Michele. I struggle with the colour orange, so am always impressed how others are able to use it in such a beautiful way. Fabulous job of no-line watercolouring. Has wonderful contrast and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you did the smooshed background in such a subtle grey! And beautiful flowers, fabulously coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous Autumn colored flowers, Hideko! Love that background that shows them off beautifully! I'm so glad you got to play cards with Michele! She is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hideko, I've come from Michele's blog! Your card is beautiful. You've used my favorite Altenew set and made an incredible card with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your beautiful flowers Hideko. Great work with no-line watercolouring. The bright shades of orange make this such a happy card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Hideko, No line watercolouring evades me, perhaps I need to do an on line course. Your flower is so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful watercolored die cut blooms, Hideko. I love your softly colored smooshed background for your gorgeous flowers. Wonderful colors for Fall too. Looks like you gained a lot of confidence for your no-line watercoloring technique from Heather's class. I have been thinking of taking her class for a Winter project. You have inspired me, my friend...as always. Gosh, what fun for you and Matt to visit Michele and Tomin the future :-) TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so pretty! Your flowers really po with those colours and the subtle background... Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Hideko, how fun to play cards with Michele and what a beauty you've created! I think it's on all of our bucket lists to play cards with Michele in person! Hopefully, one day soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!