9/03/2021

CAS Christmas September Challenge - merry christmas

Hi everyone,

It's September, and there're only 3 more months in the 2021 calendar. Time flies, doesn't it?
Colleen is our host for the CAS Christmas Challenge this month, and she chose "Plaid" as the theme. Our special Guest Designer is Melanie (Cards by Melanie). Welcome, Melanie!




Here's my card:



[How I made the card]

1. Die-cut the deer twice from white cardstock, and once from red plaid paper. Stacked and glued (*1) the white die-cuts, and inlaid the red die-cut.

2. Die-cut the sentiment twice from white cardstock and glued (*1) the pieces together.

3. Die-cut the stars.

4. Die-cut the panel from green plaid paper.

5. Glued the die-cut images and sentiment onto the panel.

6. Adhered the whole panel to the front white card panel, and debossed the stitched lines above and below the green plaid panel.

7. Glued the front panel onto the card base.

(*1) The deer outline and the sentiment are thin and small, so I actually used a thin double-sided adhesive sheet instead of liquid glue.



Check out our challenge site for more inspiration. I hope to see you in the gallery! You have until September 24th.







Paper: Basic White (Stampin' Up!), Petite Paper Pack (Perfectly Plaid Christmas - Lawn Fawn)
Other: Dies (Abstract Holiday Frames, Holiday Words On & Line - Simon Says Stamp, Homespun Stitch Lines - My Favorite Things), Stick it, Connect Glue (Gina K)

19 comments:

  1. Darling stag head in the red plaid and white, Hideko! Just love it on the green plaid with all the faux stitching details!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you paired the green and red plaid papers for this card, Hideko! Loving your abstract deer and cross-stitch border, too...Awesome Christmas card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love it so much.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, red and green plaids to showcase your deer head. Pretty card, Hideko.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hideko! This year, like so many, is going by too quickly!
    LOve your choice of green plaid [I think I might have this one, too!] and this red were the perfect choices for your handsome stag!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the mix of plaids to create your beautiful card Hideko!! Great dimension by stacking your dies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty plaid paper, Hideko! I love the green for the base and red plaid for the deer! I love how the stacked die cuts and debossing add texture! What a great CAS card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the combination of plaids, and that awesome reindeer die cut ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS plaid Christmas card design, Hideko. All your details are so delicate and beautiful, my friend. TFS your card and your detailed description. I keep picking out favorite details and discovered...they are ALL my favorites. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What pretty plaid paper. Loving the dimension and that contemporary and fabulous deer Hideko x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome inlaid deer! I love that tiny sentiment as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your design and the greenish plaid for the deer background! And what a hoot to have a plaid deer, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CAS perfection Hideko!! I love all the dimension you created with stacking your die cuts, and the white just pops off the red and green plaids! Truly a FUN and FABULOUS Christmas card!! Hugs. Marcia :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great way to combine the plaid papers Hideko, love all of the dimension in the deer and stitched borders too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous clean design Hideko! The green plaid background is so pretty with the red plaid deer head - a beautiful die - and I love the XXXX above the below the green panel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute, Hideko. Amazing how you’ve combined two different plaid patterns/colours to complement each other. I’ve seen that SSS holiday sentiment die, but it never caught my attention until now. Enabler alert! šŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply beautiful my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the fact that you used both red and green plaids! And what a fabulous card design - great use of the cross-stitch and stitching dies, and the Merry Christmas die.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your two plaids go together so perfectly for such a great CAS card! Thank you for letting me join you as the September guest designer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!