12/16/2021

A Card for "Project Decaying"

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share with you a card I made for Project Decaying.

My dear friend, Rie Moore, is going to release her prerecorded program "Decaying" for piano and violin on January 9, 2022. Prior to that, she launched a project to create a space for thinking about the theme of the program: finding beauty in what is decaying.

Here's my card for the project:



I wanted to express the fleeing beauty of these decaying roses against the timeless elegance of stone. Both will ultimately fade away, but each provides beauty in its own life span.

This card is pretty different from my usual style, but I hope to capture the theme of her program - beauty in decaying.  

Thanks for visiting me today!




Paper: Basic White, Lost Lagoon (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Oxide Ink (Weathered Wood, Rustic Wilderness, Walnut Stain - Ranger)
Other: Dies (Single Stitch Line Rectangles Frames - My Favorite Things), Embossing Folder (Old World Paper - Stampin' Up!), Free Photo (Pastel Rose Decay), 
Connect Glue (Gina K)

11 comments:

  1. Your framing adds to the beauty of the decaying roses, which is a wonderful addition to the Decaying Project, Hideko. Your dear friend Rie Moore is an exceptional pianist. Her hands dance beautifully across the keys. Thank you so much, my dear friend for sharing your artistic card and your friends piano solo. What a wonderful project. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo definitely captures the beauty of decay - I've seen roses in my garden looking like that and they are still lovely. Great framing and embossed background. I will have to check out your friend's music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You couldn't have captured the theme more perfectly! This is beautiful my friend and so thought provoking at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have nailed the theme of Rie's program, Hideko. Roses are beautiful throughout their lifespan. As they decay and dry up, they are still beautiful. Wonderful card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've captured your friend's theme beautifully, Hideko! Yes, roses were the perfect choice of flower - who hasn't dried and cherished a few from a special occasion? I have often thought of the rock that once existed and was pulverized to become the sand on our beaches.
    I can't wait to share Rie's performances with Tom! [a self-taught pianist who doesn't read music!]
    Thanks so much for this special gift today!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. The contrast between the delicate roses and stone is so well thought out, my friend! There is beauty in the decaying of delicate things. I'm excited to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a poetic and artistic interpretation! You’ve expressed the theme brilliantly by contrasting the decaying roses with the stone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I missed this post, life just got a little too hectic. I dropped by to say thank you for the beautiful AI Christmas card and to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
    BTW amazing interpretation of your friends challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. There sure is beauty in decay and the most fabulous interpretation. Make those memories over the holidays and enjoy Hideko x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blog. Happy new year 🎉

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!