8/10/2022

CAS Mix Up August Challenge - Sending Lots of Love

Hi everyone,

My dear friend, Nancy (scandinancycreates), is hosting the CAS Mix Up Challenge this month.

Her challenge theme is:



I made this card, inspired by Nancy's beautiful Hydrangea card

Garbera Daisy is one of my favorite flowers (especially dark pink ones). My Mondo Daisy stamp is pretty big, so I thought it would be comparable to Nancy's Mondo Hydrangea. 😊 I CASE-d her layout, and used the same sentiment stamp too.


[How I made the card]

1. White heat-embossed the Gerbera Daisy on a piece of tan mixed media paper.

2. Watercolored with re-inkers over the heat-embossed image.

3. White heat-embossed the sentiment.

4. Die-cut the front panel.

5. Popped up the front panel on the card base with foam tape.


It's a very simple card, but I like how it turned out.

Thanks for visiting!





Stamp: Mondo Daisy (Ellen Hutson), Leaf Canopy (Altenew)
Paper: Mixed Media Paper (Toned Tan - Strathmore)
Ink: Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango (Stampin' Up!), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Others: Embossing Powder (White - Hero Arts), Die (Crimped Frame - The Greetery), Foam Tape (3M)


*To subscribe or unsubscribe my blog posts, please use the Contact / Subscription form on the right side bar. Thank you!

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Gerbera Daisy, Hideko! I love the deep pink coloring and it's so pretty on the kraft background! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess who decorated her wedding tent with Gerbera Daisies?? This one is perfect, Hideko! Love it on the tan!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! The white pops beautifully on the tan colour cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flower, lovely colours! It looks great on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased that you CASED my Mondo Hydrangea card, Hideko:-) I LOVE your tan paper instead of white paper card base for your stamped and heat embossed and beautifully colored with pink die inks Mondo Gerbera Daisy, my dear friend. Wonderful die cut framing too. You definitely made your beautiful CAS design your own! TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Now I want to CASE your card..so much fun sharing. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I love it. So nice to see you in the mix up gallery xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous Daisy and so pretty with the pink on kraft ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I forgot to say thank you for the beautiful birthday card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Hideko, love the white embossing on the kraft card and that pink daisy is just fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!