3/26/2023

Get Well Soon

Hi everyone,

The Group of Seven Cardmakers shared another fun technique called 'Debossed Inky Resist', so I tried the technique earlier this month.


I followed the instructions and tutorial videos on the Go7 website. I debossed a piece of watercolor paper with a rose embossing folder, white heat-embossed it, and then smooshed it with yellow, orange, and blue inks. 

The sentiment is DIY, using my new laser printer, toner reactive foil, and a laminator.


I'm glad to know that I can use my embossing folders this way. 

Thanks for visiting me today! 😊





Paper: Watercolor paper (Canson XL 140 lb.), Basic White (Stampin' Up!), Vellum (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalede, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean - Ranger), Distress Oxide Ink (Spiced Marmalede, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Others: Embossing Folder (Manhattan Flower - Stampin' Up!), Embossing Powder (White - Hero Arts), Dies (Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames - My Favorite Things), Oval Punch (Stampin' Up!), Deco Foil (iCraft - Copper), Connect Glue (Gina K), Laser Printer (Brother), Laminator (3M)

10 comments:

  1. Hideko, this is fabulous! LOve the bright inks that you've smooshed just beautifully with lots of swirling color. I should go watch this video as I'm left wondering if the embossing powder settles down into the debossed grooves? Whatever the magic, the results are fantastic!
    So happy to see another of your wonderful cards in my inbox! x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous debossed flowers and wonderful color choices for your smooshed background, Hideko. I agree...a fun interesting technique. TFS your detailed description too. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the technique resulting in this beautiful card! A fabulous custom foiled sentiment, too! You must be ecstatic for your new laser printer with the endless foiling possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This technique worked beautifully with this rose, Hideko! Love the smooshing and the foiled sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one gorgeous card, Hideko. So happy you tried out the technique from Gof7! :) Great work, my friend. LOVE the debossed roses ... and the gorgeous colours used to watercolour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hideko, that turned out beautifully. I love the colours you chose to smoosh it with. I'm so glad you tried this month's Group of Seven technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, well done using the technique, Hideko! You got beautiful results with your debossed embossing and your stunning blending! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful example of the debossed technique, so glad you played along with us ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty in the bright colors you used Hideko! And the white debossed outline really stands out ! So glad you are trying the techniques - it's nice to see the different embossing folders people use and how it comes out! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I remember that EF. Great job with this technique. You got awesome results… your debossed lines are so crisp and distinct. Love that DIY foiled sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!