3/20/2023

Happy Birthday

Hi everyone,

I want to share with you a card I made for my high school classmate who shares the same birthday as me in the spring. We've been exchaging birthday wishes for many years now, and it's always a joy to celebrate the special day together even though we live across the ocean.

This is a card I made for her this year, featuring cherry blossoms. We both love them.


I stamped a cherry blossom branch and colored the blossoms using a stencil. For added dimension, I partically die-cut the branch from the top panel, glued a thin pink strip at the bottom of the panel, and raised it with foam tape. I dry embossed the card base, and foiled the sentiment on vellum to give it a touch of elegance. I hope my friend likes the card as much as I enjoyed making it.




I'm linking my card to The Flower Challenge #78.



Thanks for visiting me today!😊




Stamp: Dotted Blooms (Altenew)
Paper: Basic White, Melon Mambo (Stampin' Up!), Vellum (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Distress Oxide Ink (Spum Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron - Ranger), Encore Ultimate Metallic Ink (Champagne - Tsukineko)
Others: Dies (Dotted Blooms - Altenew), Stencil (Dotted Blooms - Altenew), 3D Embossing Folder (Angled Mosaic - Altenew), Hot Foil Plate (Mini Everyday Sentiments - Spellbinders), Hot Foil Sheet (Copper - Spellbinders), Modern Label Punch (Stampin' Up!), Foam Tape (3M), Connect Glue (Gina K)

10 comments:

  1. Aahhh..Clean and Simple Elegance, Hideko. Your forever girlfriend will treasure her beautiful Birthday Card made with so much Love:-) Your cherry blossom is perfect and beautiful for a Spring birthday. I also Love your textured dry embossed background and narrow strip of red cardstock design that do not take away from your beautiful cherry blossom branch. Thank you so much for sharing, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendships like this are really ones to treasure, Hideko! I have to wonder if your friendship developed because of that shared birthday, or was it just one more thing to celebrate about it?
    I know she will love your card, I sure would - and do! I'm crazy about that partial die cut edge. The pink strip accentuates it and draws the eye down saying OH look there's more - to this fabulous embossing.
    I wish you could hand deliver it. x
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special friendship. Her card is so elegant. Love the dimension and fabulous design. Copper is a metallic I don’t use very often, but I may have to resolve that… enabler alert! 😉😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to share a birthday with a friend from high school and to have carried on the tradition of exchanging cards for all these years! I too love cherry blossoms - they are just starting to come out here in Vancouver. Your card is fabulous - beautiful colouring of the blossoms and great partial die cutting over the texture of the embossed lower half.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last comment was from me, Hideko - I don't know why it popped up as anonymous - so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card to celebrate a special friend, Hideko! I love this cherry blossom and the way the pink strip accentuates it! Wonderful embossing and the foiling on vellum does give it a very elegant look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we have wonderful cherry blossoms in Vancouver, they're my favourite summer flowers. Love the 3d embossed background - so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card for your friend, Hideko. She is going to love it. Very elegant and classy with the mostly white and a touch of pink. Beautiful texture from the dry embossed base. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So CAS, but so impactful, Hideko! I love the design with the pretty cherry blossoms partially on both sections. The foiled sediment, sharp e/f texture, and sweet pink strip add a ton of interest! Your longtime birthday buddy will cherish this! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Textured base, White on White and the red strip with a popping pink flowers, Love it totally!

    Thanks for playing along The Flower Challenge
    -Sathya
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!