5/11/2023

You Inspire Me

Hi everyone,

I tried out a new technique using alcohol inks last weekend on a gelli plate that was shared by The Group of Seven Cardmakers. I followed their instructions and made this card.


This is a 5 x 7 card, using a 3" circle gelli plate. I blended three colors of Alchohol Ink on my gelli plate, die-cut the leaf branch, and heat-embossed the sentiment.

I have another card that turned into a little wintery one.



I used one of my favorite stencils, Bubbles, on the gelli print background. By using white pigment ink to stenicil and then clear heat-embossing the pattern, I was able to create opaque bubbles on the gelli print and white ones outside of the circle. I also lightly ink-blended the background to highlight the white pattern. Doesn't it look like falling snow or rain streaming down the window? 

It was a fun experiment and I'm looking forward to trying out the other shapes (square and triangle) of mini gelli plates in the set.

Thanks for visiting me today! 😊





[Card 1]
Stamp: Craftt Friends (Altenew)
Ink: Alcohol Ink (Purple Twilight, Indigo, Stream - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Paper: Basic White (Stampin' Up), Metallic Confection (Copper - Tim Holtz)
Others: Mini Gelli Plate (3" circle - Gel Press), Dies (Curved Leaf Branches - Alexandra Renke), Embossing Powder (Copper - Ranger), Isopropyl Alcohol 91%,  Connect Glue (Gina K)

[Card 2]
Ink: Alcohol Ink (Purple Twilight, Cobalt, Clover - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko), Pigment Ink (Unicorn White - Hero Arts), Distress Oxcide Ink (Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch - Ranger)
Paper: Basic White (Stampin' Up)
Others: Mini Gelli Plate (3" circle - Gel Press), Dies (Corneflowers, Glasses - Alexandra Renke, Handwritten - Little B, Nested Frame Rectangle - Hero Arts), Stencil (Bubbles - Alexandra Renke), Embossing Powder (Clear - Hero Arts), Isopropyl Alcohol 91%,  Connect Glue (Gina K)

8 comments:

  1. Two beautiful alcohol ink on circle gelli plate cards, Hideko:-) I Love your color choices and choice of die cuts for both cards and your amazing rain/snow effects on your 2nd card. I finally got a chance to start playing with the technique tonight. I made 4 backgrounds, but need to do more...there was a learning curve for me:-) Your cards have me inspired to make more backgrounds. TFS, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful, Hideko! I'm looking closely and wondering if the second one is a second 'pull' from the first? I think it is - and love how almost no ink is wasted with this process. I see our planet in your second pull - those are tears of joy I'm seeing and also your wonderful purple!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. two beauties, Hideko!! I LOVE the colours you've used. The stenciling on your second card is so cool! I'm so happy you had fun trying out this technique. Thanks for playing along! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Love the colors of your gelli prints, Hideko! The metallic leaves give it a very elegant look! The stenciling does look like falling snow or raindrops and I love how the lightly inked background makes the stenciling and die cut pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful choice of colours, Hideko, for your gelli prints! They turned out so well. I love the two different looks you achieved with the metallic leaves on one and the stencilling and white flower on the other - impossible to choose a favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful. The AIs blended so well and the results are amazing. Love the colours and how you finished them with those lovely diecuts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Hideko, love the colour combos you used with the AI's and such pretty die cuts ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely designs using the AI on your gel plate Hideko! So pretty with just the pulled circle on the first - and with the watery purple around the pulled circle on the 2nd! Wonderful AI colors used! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!