9/03/2018

CAS Christmas Card September Challenge - peace on earth

It's already September, only a few months left this year. Time flies, doesn't it?
This month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge is hosted by our talented Designer, Nance. We have a wonderful Guest Designer, Birgit
.

Nance chose Wreath as the challenge. Isn't is fun just to think of holiday wreaths in different colors and textures?



I went with this simple one as my first wreath card.



I die-cut the white wreath outline twice and layered them, and inlaid the green die-cuts (leaves). I die-cut the dove and the sentiment and stamped a part of the sentiment in black. I layered two die-cut sentiments. Everything was glued on the linen textured card base.




Please check out the challenge blog to see Birgit's pretty Wreath Christmas card, along with the cards made by the rest of our Designers. I'm sure you'll be inspired to play along! The challenge is open until September 24.



Stamp: Winter Work Coordinates (Reverse Confetti)
Paper: White Linen (Ellen Hutson), Field Day (My Favorite Things), Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Versafine (Onyx Black - Tsukineko)
Accessories: Wreath, Winter Words Die (Reverse Confetti),
Christmas Deer, Tree & Dove Die (Art-C). Stick It Adhesive Sheets

20 comments:

  1. I love your clean, crisp wreath design, Hideko. TFS the close up that shows all the dimensions you achieved by adding layers of die cuts. Really shows your inlayed green leaves too. TFS your beauty, my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Hideko! I love the color combo and that linen cardstock, makes it even more elegant as does the off the page positioning. Have a great week. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful clean crisp look Hideko! love that thick blue die cut PEACE and the lovely red bird! and what a beautiful die cut wreath in the green and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a classy card, my friend! I love this die cut with the white outline and beautiful rich green inlay! The little red bird in the top corner spreads the joy around still keeping it a beautifully CAS! Got my package. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way the wreath goes off the edge of the card, and the way you inlaid all those little green leaves. The tiny red bird balances the layout perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply adorable, Hideko! Great job inlaying the leaves! Love the stacked die cuts. The design is awesome... love off-the-edge for CAS cards. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Hideko. Your design is fantastic! Love the depth from your layered die-cuts ... and so artsy to have the wreath going off the edge. Beautiful CAS design with a lot of punch from the green leaves, bright red bird, and soft blue sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you set the wreath going off the page and inland the green, Hideko. The little dove with a pop of red is a lovely touch and the whole design is very crisp and CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this - so clean and beautiful. I have most of these dies too, so I will be CASing you! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect CAS wreath Hideko! Love the inlaid colors for the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty wreath and I love that you offset it for a more CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and crisp looking with the lovely textures. So pretty. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CAS perfection, Hideko, I love your simple wreath just off the front of the card with a great colour selection. the blue Peace die cut just pops :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. so pretty, clean and fresh feeling...nicely done!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be still my heart Hideko, this is CAS perfection. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh, crisp, simple, perfect! Plenty of texture and dimension. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous, light, fresh, beautiful CAS Christmas card, Hideko! That linen card stock just does it for me every. time. xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful design and so very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous layered wreath, Hideko! I just love the inlaid leaves and the sweet dove!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a modern layout and design. Stunning CAS card and fabulous inspiration, thank you x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!