9/29/2018

Crocus with Stenciling

When I saw a Sandy Allnock's video in April, I was so inspired that I wanted to make a DIY stencil with dies and try stenciling as she demonstrated. I got to make a stencil and sponged the flowers a few months later, and almost 5 months later I'm finally sharing this card. Even though it's not a crocus season, "Better late than never", right? 😉



I die-cut a piece of acetate and made a stencil. I stenciled the flowers with distress ink.
The sentiment was die-cut twice and layered over to add some dimension.

Then I die-cut two one-size-larger frames from lavender card stock, glued the top part, and made a rocker. (picture below)


Finally, I adhered the front panel to the base. When you rock the card, it looks like the crocuses are swaying in a breeze.

Thanks for visiting!


Paper: Bristol Paper (100 lb. - Strathmore), Grapesicle (My Favorite Things), Peekaboo Peach (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Ink (Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn)

Accessories: Dies (Crocus - Alexandra Renke, Birthday - Simon Says Stamp,
Elegant Rectangles STAX - My Favorite Things), Stick It Adhesive Sheet, Acetate Sheet

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Hideko! I love the card shape and the colours you have used for the pretty crocuses. Great job with the sponging too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Hideko! DIY stencils is a fab way to stretch your dies. Beautiful ink blending through your stencil. Love the colours and the fun rocker design! So creative! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stenciled crocuses and creative rocker style card design, my friend. I love your monochromatic lavender, purple colors with your brighter orange die cut sentiment. So pretty, Hideko. TFS your early Spring card:-) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Hideko, the die cut makes such a beautiful stencil. I love your soft colours and fun rocker card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be late for crocus in the garden but never too late for these beautiful flowers on a card, Hideko! In fact I colored some of these dies last week, thanks to you. Love the shape of this card and that beautiful purple cardstock! The stenciled flowers are so soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crocus are gorgeous, you clever girl! It amazes me to think these are created with a hand-made stencil!
    I'm so in love with this panel die that I bought a set of my own, Hideko! So beautiful! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I don't need a season for these beauties... Your card is stunning! I love your stenciling and the colours. What a cool idea to have a card that ricks too... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't matter how long it takes, it's just wonderful that you shared this beauty with us Hideko! LOVE those sweet, shaded crocuses and the colours that you've used. Your card shape is special and perfect to go with this delicate, floral design. Love the contrast of the soft orange die-cut sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is ever so lovely Hideko. I love the card design, and love the stenciled flowers you used - I can feel them moving with the breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wholeheartedly agree with better late than never and am so glad this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!