9/08/2018

CAS Mix Up September Challenge - happy birthday

It's September but it's still very hot and dry in the daytime here in LA.  

Bonnie is hosting the CAS Mix Up Challenge this month, and the theme is one of her favorite techniques, "Ink Stamps with Markers".



And here's my card:


Using stamps inked with Zig Real Brush Markers, stamping, sponging, 
and die cutting

I inked the stamps with Zig brush markers and stamped the images several times while changing colors. Misti is such a useful tool to do this technique!
I masked the stamped roses and leaves and sponged the background lightly with distress inks.
The I die cut the panel and the matte, and put them together.
The card base is actually light gray, and I wanted to add a subtle texture to it, so I put a piece of white parchment paper over the card base. The light gray shows through slightly and I love the stone look of it.
The stamped panel and the die-cut sentiment were adhered to the parchment cover.


The challenge is open until September 24th.

Thanks for visiting me today!


Stamp: Brush Art Floral (Altenew)
Paper: Bristol Paper (100 lb. - Strathmore), Parchment Paper (29 lb. - Grafix), Steel Grey (My Favorite Things), Smokey Slate (Stampin' Up!)

Ink:
Zig Real Brush Markers (Light Pink, Peach Pink, Yellow, Pale Green, Light Green, Emerald Green), Distress Ink (Broken China, Weathered Wood - Ranger)
Accessories: Die-namics Mod Square STAX (My Favorite Things), Birthday Wafer Die (Simon Says Stamp)

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I love your artwork against that grey BG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stone look on the background Hideko, which shows off those beautiful flowers to perfection. The technique looks fabulous on those flowers and such pretty colours. Love the shape of the die cut you have used for the matting layers too. Such a beautiful card and a great addition to the gallery at The CAS Mix Up x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Hideko! I’ve never seen parchment paper used, but what an interesting stone effect on the gray. Wonderful inspiration as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Hideko...I LOVE every single creative detail for your gorgeous Zig marker colored roses. Your, die cut main image with die cut shadow layer, gray parchment paper over lay for added texture to your card base and die cut sentiment are beautiful layered additions to your beautiful flowers. Love your square format too. TFS my friend and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These roses are beautiful, Hideko! What beautiful colors and shading! Love the offset die cuts and I wondered how you'd created that awesome background! I would not have thought of parchment paper! A wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you got such a great mix of colours into the rose! So beautiful. Great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful roses Hideko. Love the colours and such a pretty image, perfect for this technique. The shape of your panel and the matting made it special. And what a clever idea to add vellum over your soft gray card base to make it a very subtle and dreamy colour. Great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just when I'm thinking I don't have markers that I can use on my stamps, you remind me of those Zigs I hardly use!
    A rose with tinges of different colors on their edges are among my favorites, Hideko... yours is exceptionally pretty! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful design Hideko with the curved corners and off layered panels - your flowers are delightful in the pink and yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your roses are gorgeous and the card looks so elegant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Hideko, I love this card, truly beautiful. The roses are magical with the different colours. I always forget to use my Zigs as you have, something to rememeber.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such elegance! Love the watery rose blooms, so outstanding against this card design. Brilliant, adding the touch of gray to the bottom, gives it a dreamy look. BEAUTIFUL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, I think I have that Altenew set and haven't inked it up yet! I love the watercolor effect on your roses and the offset panels are the perfect way to display them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!