10/25/2018

STAMPlorations CAS October Challenge - coffee & friends

I'm so excited that my dear friend, Nancy, is now on the STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge Design Team! Congratulations, Nancy!

This month's CAS Card Challenge is:




I used one of my favorite STAMPlorations dies and made this card.



I die-cut the coffee cup silhouette from a piece of black cardstock. The background was a leftover salted watercolored piece. I sprinkled some salt over the wet watercolored paper and rubbed off the salt after the paper dried.

I layered the silhouette die-cut over the watercolored rectangle and popped up the panel with craft foam. The sentiment was heat-embossed in dark brown.



I hope you'll check out the challenge and join the fun!


Thanks for dropping by!


Stamp: Coffee Love (Altenew)
Paper:
Basic Black, Core'dinations Sahara Sand, (Stampin' Up!), Watercolor Paper (Cold Press 140 lb. - Canson)
Ink: Gansai Tambi (#32 Red, #31 Scarlet Red, #43 Mid Yellow - Kuretake), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Coffee Cup Silhouette (CUTplorations), Embossing Powder (Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!), Craft Foam

13 comments:

  1. those colours make me feel like I'm on holiday in a sunny country, so warm :) Love the card Hideko :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super CAS card! love how you used a colored card base and the coffee cup silhouette is beautifully set off by that awesome background. glad to see your card in the STAMPlorations CAS Cards gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your colorful salted background with your black coffee cup and kraft card base, Hideko. Wonderful sentiment too. I am so happy to be on the STAMPlorations team too:-) TFS your beauty with us at the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours of your salted background look like a gorgeous sunset! Beautiful Hideko! Love it paired with the black die-cut framed coffee cup. Lots of contrast. And perfect with your coffee coloured card base. Great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful background colours for the coffee cup, Hideko!! The salt technique adds to the sense of steam coming off the coffee! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful salted background I’ve seen today as I slowly catch up on my commenting. The autumn colour palette is perfect. Gorgeous card, Hideko! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me think of a cup of hot coffee or spiced tea in front of a campfire. I LOVE those vivid Fall salted colors! And this is my favorite coffee die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hideko, I feel as if this is from an era when snapping one's fingers was a cool way of showing appreciation of a performance, instead of applause … I'm feeling like this fabulous card is deserving of those finger snaps, my friend... so COOL!!
    =]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Hideko and you have reminded me that I have this die and have yet to use it. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card! the colours give off such warmth which is just perfect for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a fabulous background for the die cut! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS Card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous CAS card! I love the background for the coffee cup. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The black die cut really pops with the brightly colored background! Love the warm colors! Fantastic CAS card, Hideko!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!