11/03/2018

CAS Christmas Card November Challenge - home for christmas

Today is the start of the CAS Christmas November Challenge!
Our talented designer, Christine, is hosting the challenge and the theme is Santa. How fun! And we have a wonderful Guest Designer, Pam (Expressions with Heart), this month.



Here's my card:



Do you see a tiny Santa riding in the sleigh? 😁

I punched out a circle from a post-it note and used it as a mask for the moon.
I ink-distressed the sky starting with Iced Spruce to Blueprint Sketch to Faded Jeans to Black Soot. I peeled the mask and gave the moon just a hint of light yellow.

I heat-embossed the reindeer and sleigh in silver, but it looked more gray than silver probably because it reflected the dark sky background, so I added Silver Stickles to the heat-embossed area to give it a little sparkle.
This card will travel a long way, so I glued the white hill die-cut directly to the card base instead of popping it up.

Check out the challenge blog and come join us in the fun! You have until the 24th of the month. Looking forward to seeing your Santa card in the gallery!




Stamp: Holiday Home, Jingle All the Way (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: 
Bristol Paper (100 lb. - Strathmore), Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Oxide Ink (Blueprint Sketch, Faded Jeans, Black Soot, Iced Spruce, Squeezed Lemonade - Ranger), Island Indigo (Stampin' Up!), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories:
Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies (Stampin' Up!), Embossing Powder (Silver - Hero Arts), Stickles (Silver Ice - Ranger)

18 comments:

  1. Hideko, I'm so sad that you are leaving CAS Christmas I know you'll have fun at CAS Mix up. I'm sure you will be playing along occasionally and I will be looking forward to seeing some of your Christmas creations.
    Your card is beautiful, I love the depth of colour on your sky and that sweet sleigh flying over the houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you leave the challenge Hideko but super excited about you are joining us over at The CAS mix up X what a beautiful card and your night sky is amazing. Cute Santa and his sleigh and love the added bling X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your night sky is gorgeous Hideko! Love the depth of colour and the misty look of the moon. Perfection!! Sweet design with the flying santa and reindeer. Sweet card. Are you sending this home to say you wish you were here?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Hideko! I love the gradations of colour you got in the sky - like a true dark night sky with some light coming off the moon. Santa and his sleigh, and the village die look terrific against it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Winter Christmas scene with santa and reindeer flying thru the sky. I love the CAS design of your clean and crisp card, my friend. TFS ..Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous clear, beautifully sky Santa you have given Santa, Hideko! There will be no late deliveries for him this year … and your darling card will be received with glee - just fabulous! LOve that little Christmas Village, my friend! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful inking and scene creating Hideko! I love your CAS take on 'Santa'! Thank you so much for having me play along with you this month! So delighted! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to miss you, Hideko, but am happy for you and your new adventures over at CMU. Wow, the glow of the moon on your card is incredible! Amazing ink blending. I’ve only heat embossed Santa in black, but it looks so cool in silver. The silver Stickles is a wonderful fabulous touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that we both had the same idea, but with a completely different look. Such a pretty card, Hideko. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done Hideko. That moon sky looks surreal, I'm impressed. It's the perfect contrast for that flying gentleman. Love that you left so much white, it really makes our eyes focus on what a blissful card you've created. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a wonderful job of sponging that sky, Hideko! The light around the moon and shades of blue to black are so realistic! Love Santa and his reindeer and the peaceful village! Altogether a fantastic card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! There's no mistaking that's Santa in the sleigh. A wonderfully peaceful skyline and perfectly placed sentiment. No popping up necessary to make this any prettier. Must keep those Christmas cards easy to mail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love your inked sky and the sweeping sentiment. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Hideko! The inking on the sky is beautiful and the moon looks amazing, like it is really shining x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love this Hideko! What a beautiful moonlit sky for Santa and his sleigh. Such a gorgeous, tranquil scene!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hideko I love your design and the sweet row of houses under the fabulous sky and Santa's sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous silver embossed Santa in his sleigh, Hideko! Just love him going across the masked moon with the village below!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! A very moody landscape. I love how your moon is around the halo.
    Hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!