11/08/2018

CAS Mix Up November Challenge - hello beautiful

This month's CAS Mix Up Challenge is hosted by the very talented Bonnie and she chose "Embossing Folder" as a challenge. Thank you, Bonnie, for providing a lot of useful tutorial video links on the challenge site.




Here's what I made with the embossing folder:


Using dry embossing, stamping, die-cutting, heat-embossing


It was so fun making a card using an embossed aluminum foil last month that I did it again. 😊

First, I cut a panel of cardstock and wrapped it with aluminum foil, then I dry embossed the leaves. I dropped a few colors of alcohol ink on the embossed foil and spread them with the AI applicator and blending solution.
I die cut a leaf out of a piece of vellum and used the negative as a leaf-shaped window. The sentiment was gold heat-embossed on the vellum.
Finally everything was layered - the stitched frame, the die-cut vellum piece, the embossed & colored foil panel - on the card base.

I really liked how the embossed & colored leaves showed up through the vellum.



The challenge is open until November 24th. I hope you play along too.

Thanks for checking in today!


Stamp: Essential Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Gumball Green, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Translucent Vellum
(My Favorite Things), Reynolds Wrap (Heavy Duty)
Ink:
Alcohol Ink (Sunshine Yellow. Sunset Orange, Botanical, Teakwood - Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)

Accessories: 3D Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (Leaves - Sizzix), Dies (Grateful Leaf - Concord & 9th, Die-namics Single Stitch Line Rectangles Frames - My Favorite Things) Embossing Powder (Gold - Hero Arts)

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Hideko! LOVE the embossed aluminum foil with the alcohol inks. So beautiful. LOVE the leaf shaped aperture cut from vellum. The vellum provides a soft and dreamy background as well as letting the background show through ... so creative! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Hideko! The embossed AI leaves background is gorgeous! Toning it down by overlaying it with a vellum leaf aperture is clever and creative! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning foil with alcohol ink coloring, Hideko. But your vellum with aperture really added an amazingly creative effect along with the leaves under the vellum. TFS the close up, which really helped me visualize your beautiful techniques. So pleased you joined us, my friend at CAS Mix up.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I really need to use the foil and alcohol ink because this is GORGEOUS! I love how you've used the vellum to highlight the leaf shape and give just a hint of the color surrounding it! Very creative and so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way the vellum mutes the colours. And then the true brilliance of them shows through the leaf-shaped window. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are few things I love more in my craft stash than my [60+] embossing folders, and the perfectly gorgeous look of vellum! Hideko, you've combined them so beautifully - still am in total awe of that fabulous foil trick of yours! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hideko, such a beautiful colour mix with your AI's and love the leaf theme. Beautiful mix with foil and velum :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! That's such a cool design! I love your card and I love how you modernised using embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hideko, your card is delightful, I love every design element.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely the AI's look on your metallic leaf embossed panel Hideko! and what a creative design framing it in a large leaf cut out! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a unique and creative card. The colours from the alcohol ink look fabulous and the texture from the embossing folder, along with the vellum looks amazing. Always so inspirational Hideko and such creative talent X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, Hideko. I love the embossed foil with AIs and the leaf aperture, very creative. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is absolutely amazing and a winner in my book! The embossed, metallic leaves are gorgeous and the leaf shaped window in the vellum simply genius! Thank you for the inspiration, Hideko!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!