11/17/2018

CAS Christmas Card November Challenge - ho ho ho

Christmas is coming in just about a month. I'm sure you're all getting busy preparing for the holiday. If making Christmas cards is one of the things on your preparation list, why don't you make one or two (or many!) with a Santa theme? This month's CAS Christmas Challenge is Santa, hosted by Christine. We're joined by a wonderful Guest Designer, Pam (Expressions with Heart).


And here's my card:



I heat-embossed the Santa image and the sentiment in white on the red panel. I made a white Scallop trim and layered it under the red panel. Everything was attached to the Kraft card base. It's a very quick and easy card to make - perfect for a last-minute Christmas card. 




The Design Team and our wonderful Guest Designer, Pam, have some fun Santa cards to share with you at the challenge site. Please check it out and play along with us! The link is open until November 24.

I'm sad to say that this will be my last month to share my cards as a CAS Christmas Challenge Designer.
Thank you so much, Loll and Bonnie, for inviting me to the CAS Christmas Challenge. This was my first time to be on a Design Team of any kind and I've really had a great time and learned a lot. I'm also so thankful for the friendships I've made with the wonderful and kind Designers of the challenge.

Starting from next month, I'll be on the Design Team of our sister challenge, CAS Mix Up and I'm really looking forward to the new adventure. 😊







Stamp: Fat Pants (Ellen Hutson), Gift Tag Greetings (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!)

Ink:
VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Punch (Scallop Trim Border, Scallop Trim Corner - Stampin' Up!), Embossing Powder (White - Hero Arts)

12 comments:

  1. Love your color combo on your CAS Ho, Ho, Ho Santa Christmas card, Hideko. Your heat embossing added wonderful dimension and your white scallop framing was a beautiful touch. So sorry you are leaving the CAS Christmas Challenge, but thrilled to see you over at CAS Mix Up:-) TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy, almost vintage, Santa this is … it only takes a little bit of imagining to see his 'bowl full of jelly' belly!
    So glad to hear you're heading for a new adventure, Hideko … we'll never let you leave us altogether! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's one cool Santa Hideko, I love the CAS layout and the white scalloped frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embossed Santa is such fun, Hideko! The Ho Ho Ho sentiment is perfect for him! I'm so glad you will still be in our CAS family. We'll miss you at CCCC though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really fun Santa card, Hideko! Love the red with the white and kraft! It's been a pleasure being on the CAS Christmas DT with you! So sorry to see you go but I'll look forward to seeing your creations for CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design Hideko. Love the fun Santa image heat embossed on red. Wonderful combination of colours. Thanks for all your hard work on the CAS Christmas team Hideko!! You will be missed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolute delight for your final DT card with us, Hideko! I will greatly miss you. Red and Kraft is a classic colour combination. Love your red “white space”... looks like you and Bonnie were on the same wavelength. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so looking forward to you joining us Hideko over at The CAS mix Up X I am A great fan of your creative and unique designs X
    Love your contemporary Santa design on your fabulous card, so unique and absolutely stunning X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card Hideko! I just know you will create some amazing cards on the CAS Mix Up... Looking forward to seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hideko, this is so adorable. Love your scalloped frame around it and that sweet embossed Santa. Sad to see you go but I know you will be great on CAS Mix Up. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited for you joining a new DT! You do CAS so well and this Santa is a perfect example!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great CAS design Hideko, with your fun white embossed images over the bright red! So pretty with the scalloped edge and kraft base!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!